Author Topic: You liberators you...  (Read 2681 times)

Offline garrye100

• Fed Up with it now..
Guys - I have been reading this board for the last few weeks, and I have been getting more and more inspired by all of you. Firstly for all your postings and frank sharing of experiences. You have made me feel that I am not a freak, and I thank you for that.

Secondly, you have given me the motivation to move forward with the surgery option, and I will be making appointments with a couple of popular surgeons on here, and will see which one I feel most comfortable with. Each of the surgeons seem to come with glowing reports of gratitute from the, now, de-boobed patients.

I have had gyne since the onset of puberty, and discovered a bit about gyne in my early 30's. I went through the NHS and got a Lyposuction op, which frankly, was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. The results were poor to say the least, and while there was a little reduction in size, it was nothing that I had hoped for. The shirt stayed firmly on my back at every opportunity.

My daughter is now 6 years old, and i hate the fact that I can't ( won't..!!) take her swimming for my self conciousness. I owe it to her to be able to share these things with her - but I also owe it to myself to live my life un-encumbered by my 2 handfuls of resentment.

reading your posts about your lives pre and then post op only serves to strengthen my resolve. I have shared the same ridicules, humiliations, self-conciousness and embarassements that many of you spoke of.

I will let you know how my consultations go, but I wanted to make my first post a thank you to you all. I know we all share a common ailment with many similar impacts on our lives, but this forum is such a liberating find with the ability to change lives.

En-mass, you guys perform as important a job as the surgeons.

Thanks
G.
Surgery with Paul Levick. 26th Sept 2008 at the Priory Hospital.

Offline Doug800

• Posting Member
  • Gone Scottish NHS 15.06.05
Good on you mate!!

I hope your honesty brings more 'browsers' out of the dark!!

I am becoming more aware that our problem is more common than I first thought.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Great, welcome G!

"My daughter is now 6 years old, and i hate the fact that I can't ( won't..!!) take her swimming for my self conciousness. I owe it to her to be able to share these things with her -" - I can relate to that!

Wen viewed through the eyes of someone else, especially the eyes of someone who loves you, as I've recenmtly found, it can seem such a small thing. What makes the difference is a lifetime of small humiliations, small compromises, flippant remarks made in jest. These mount up, and there is cumulative psychological damage.

I feel so liberated having made the decision to go ahead with removal. I'm encouraged by others who've just had the op and have such positive reports of how their lives have changed. I can only hope my op goes as well and I'm as pleased with the results. I'm confident that Levick will do a good job.

Good luck!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Walking around in the sun in just a normal fitting t shirt is one of the best feelings I've experienced.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure you'll, like many of the rest of us, come out on the other side with a big smile on your face and be itching to get into that swimming pool with your daughter.

All the best mate, keep us posted on how you get on.

Serg  :D

Offline webster

• Silver Member
garrye100

When I found this board I kinda felt the majority of posters were teens \ 20’s (and why not?). But there seems a little bunch of 40(ish) y/o guys who really want to take their kids swimming. I’m one of them !  

When I read some posts of cringe-making situations others have been through because of gyne. I had half forgotten a lot of the situations I faced as a teenager when I wished the ground would swallow me up. I shiver with recognition of those same emotions and my heart goes out to everyone who has suffers.

I think that as you get older it gets easier to manage your life to avoid embarrassing situations, well I found it so. But the price you pay is opting out of some of the best things life offers. I spent many years getting on with business affairs and in that arena gynecomastia doesn’t feature. If it wasn’t for my children I don’t think I would have surgery. But inspired by this board….. I’m going to change a few things.

I’m having surgery with Levick week after next so I’ll post how that goes. I’ll confess I am bricking it right now – I’m writing my Will next! But I’m impatient to get it the operation over too.

If you are reading this Board then your suffering with gynecomastia is probably coming to an end – it’s pretty obvious what has to be done.

Good luck with your quest garrye100 !

WEBSTER

Offline taichi

• Time to get this off my chest
Im a litle bit older at 52 but the embarassment of my condition still cutsas deep. I am interested in the option of having something done by the NHS (cant afford private). Does anyone have any good news on that point to cheer me up.

Hopeful

Offline Doug800

• Posting Member
  • Gone Scottish NHS 15.06.05
Keep an eye on my posts tachi. I'm going Scottish NHS.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
UK NHS have me lined up to see an Army Plastic surgeon in three weeks time at Royal Haslar Hospital in Gosport Hants. They've told me I'll have my moobs lobbed off within 4 months.

I again, found the board, realised I wasn't alone with these things and decided to tell my GP my boob related woes of the past 15+ years, and he recommended surgery no problem.

I have nothing bad to say about my NHS experience so far, if you don't mind waiting and not seeing this summer in a Tshirt.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Webster

So you booked then! Told you it could be pretty quick!

You're in the same week as me I think - I'm Friday 3rd June. What date are you in?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024