Author Topic: 10 weeks post-op  (Read 1735 times)

belfastmale

Im 10 weeks post-op since my surgery with dr.benito. I know it still pretty early days but so far not happy at all.
Although the contour of my chest looks a bit better, overall it has changed much since pre-op. I can still grab a lot of soft tissue which surely must be fat. This pisses me off that i was told that all fat would be removed. I still cant wear a tight tshirt as it looks near enough the same as pre-op. Also the left side seems worse than the right, u can def see that the right side is flatter and tighter than the left side, i noticed this the first time i took the vest off.
I wore the vest for 4 weeks night and day, and im still wearing it at nights. i also massage my chest for a few mintues each night.
Im gona try and give it a few more months before contacting dr.benito, hopefully it improves.
What annoys me is that it was so much hassle aranging everything for the surgery then the recovery period, dont think i could go through all that again.

Offline kingboob

10 weeks is early days.  Each side can heal very differently. 

In my experience it can take longer than 10 weeks for the swelling to go down.....   I mean really go away properly..............  have you tried working out?  Personally I have seen a big improvement in the firmness / shape of my chest by doing quite a lot of bench presses and chest exercises after my surgery.

I think if there is a little bit of loose skin or flab there it can be filled out with a bit if muscle, given time and patience.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I agree 10 weeks is still very early

It will settle much more than it has and will 'dry out' over the next few months

At 12 weeks I was fed up of it and funnily made similar comments on these boards

Everyone told me to be patient and in fact they were right although I have got some scar tissue on the left which will need revising.

Try not to worry about the fluid it will 'dry out' but I agree the loose skin can be more of a pain. The fat will be drastically reduced with the surgery and eventually it will show.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024