Author Topic: train/tube details for Harley St. London? update - consultation done  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hi, got my consultation with Dr  Benito on Friday. I do drive, but I hate London and think it's probably easier to train and tube it!! But I wouldn't know where to begin with getting there to be honest!! From the south coast, what train station would I need to jump off at and where do I catch the tube from and to? Would really appriciate this advice please! Want to make it as easy as possible for me on Friday so I don't have to worry about anything un-neccessarily. Appointment is at 1:30 I guess I should leave really early and give myself plenty of time, sure theres a coffee bar up there I can kill some time at if need be? I have no idea where in London it is to be honest!

I'm kinda nervous but kind of not. It's not the first doctor I've told about the gyne so I don't feel as bad as the first time I went to the docs!! I am nervous to see what Dr Benito says about how fixable it is though! Fingers crossed.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:28:26 PM by Jackd »

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Alternatively, does anyone know if it's cheaper to drive to a certain place near london then get a tube or train the remainder of the journey? I want to avoid London congestion charges and high parking charges really! Just looking at train tickets, highly confused but looking at about £40 for a return I think, so wondering if it's better to drive some of the way?

Offline Wheeeee!

• Posting Member
Hello mate, I think you might be better off taking the train the whole way in as driving the major part and then coming in from the outskirts of London is still gonna cost the best part of £15-20, I think. I have a season ticket so don't know the exact cost of a daily but I always get a shock when I forget the ticket at home and have to get a daily one.
Not sure exactly where Benito is, but Harley St runs between just off Oxford Circus and Regents Park tube stations so depending on where it is, either one of those will do you. The numbers go up to about 150 which is near Regents Park with 1 down near Oxford Street. There's plenty of places to get a coffee/food down near Oxford St but fewer up at the other end.
Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with it, mate.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Hi

Get the train to any major station and then go to the tube get a zone 1 ticket for the tube follow the map to regents park (you may have to change I don't because I go to Kings Cross) when you get out of the station you will be facing the park turn left and walk up the road (you will cross a busy road) Harley street is on your left side (you are at one end of it) The clinic is only 2 Min's walk from this end but is not very well identified I found it best to use the house numbers (it is in a big terrace house) Just ring the bell at the door and they will let you in.

Hope this helps.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Thanks for the tips guys, consultation is tomorow, I've done some half-assed planning but just going to wing it. If all goes to plan I'll be getting the train to Marylebone station then walking to Harley street with plenty of time to spare before my appointment, then some time to go for a walk down to Oxford Street before heading back for the train...

I hope everything goes to plan!! Will post up how I get on tomorow.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Well I done it! And I really did wing it, I made it to Waterloo then the underground to Regent Park, I didn't realise how early I would get there and actually turned up  2 and a half hours early haha! so I walked down to Oxford Street to check out the shops.... one thing made my day though, walking down Harley street I see this bloke walking towards me with a weird hair do, and I think "hang on a minute!" thats Bill Bailey.. comedy genius  :o ;D

Consultation done, I have decided I am definetly going with Dr Benito now. I might be getting another procedure done at the same time so I need delay myself from booking the gyne operation and have to send some scans off as I could potentially have both done at the same time. Benito said my gyne is pretty much all gland (so the training has been very helpful to me!) and is hopeful of good results once fully healed.

So, all in all a good day and I'm now hopeful and looking forward to getting the surgery done and start the long healing process!!

One last question following on from the scans I need to send him, does anyone know how to go about requesting past CT scans from the NHS? I've had a few CT scans but never personally saw any results, will I need to get a new CT scan done somehow or is there somewhere I can call to request my past scan results?

Thanks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024