Author Topic: Surgery Booked With Karidis :)  (Read 9342 times)

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
It's not till the start of February but damn it feels good to know i'm gonna be rid of this in a matter of months. Traveled down from Scotland on Friday for my consultation, longest most lonely day of my life! I thought i'd better book my flights so that I had plenty time for getting to and from the consultation and stupidly was there hours early and waited hours in the airport before heading home. I flew to Luton and took the easybus(757 costs about £3 each way) to Lords, you can get off there instead of the stop after at Baker street which is further away if you give the driver the heads up.

The reception I have to say is pretty daunting, 3 hot girls behind the counter looking at me as i said i was there for my consultation with Karidis. Anyways I filled out the form and sat beside the physio room to make it look like i was there to see him lol, so didn't feel as embarrassed waiting around. When Karidis came out he put me at ease straight away and after talking to him he sent me to talk to his secretary who was nice, cant remember her name though. Told her i definitely want to go ahead with it and she gave me a few dates I could get the surgery on.

After going home I checked out the Travel lodge website and managed to get one of them £19 rooms at Marylebone for a couple nights, the night before and after the surgery and £50 return flights. Only problem was I had to tell someone and get them to come to London with me as they wouldn't do the surgery unless i had someone waiting for me when i was discharged. Plucked up the courage to tell my brother, the second person ever after Karidis, for some reason i was welling up trying to get it out then he laughed about it and i did too. He knew all about it from going to the gym and guys developing it through steroids, glad i told him even though he calls me dog t its on the phone, it does make me laugh and seem more trivial. Bottling it up makes it seem so much worse and it goes from being a natural unfortunate condition to almost like a crime you've committed and don't want anyone to know about.

Anyways here is a couple of pics and i'll make sure and post after ones when the time eventually comes!

In the second picture I've just came back from the gym and my room was cold, I'd pay 10k not to have the surgery and keep my nipples like that!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:46:29 AM by petey755 »

Offline jim45999

• Posting Member
Good luck mate. I am also looking to go with Karidis. As like yourself the less people know about it the better. I had to tell my mother and sister and both were very understanding and have given me strength to finally sort this out instead of just coping with it. I had various blood tests and spoke to my doctor about it. Although he understands he did not think it was the worst case in the world.

It is such a big decision to make but like your self it doesn't matter how low your bodyfat is or how hard you train down the gym, its here to stay and the only way to rid yourself is through surgery. With the internet the way it is today you have a wealth of info at your fingertips to realize that we are not suffering alone with this embarrassing condition. I am 31 now but i went to my doctor at 20 and he asked if i was using steroids(i wasnt) because i was large, muscular and shredded to the core but still had this pocket of fat on lower chest.

Just a question. What sort of time scales were you given for surgery. You said you were offerered different dates but are having it in feb. Were you offered earlier dates or later?

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
The other dates were near the end of January so he must be fully booked up till then, this site has made him a busy man lol. His secretary did mention an overnight slot sooner but that costs a bit more so thought i'd wait. When I go to my GP for blood tests think i might say i did take steroids and thats why i'm like this, it's silly but easier for me to say than it occurred naturally.

Offline rockstar6181

• Posting Member
hi mate, good luck with op, just a word of advise though onthe GP steroid thing, dont tell your GP you used steroids even if it is just a cover up, I have heard it goes on yourerecord and can effect life insurence claims/cover etc

good luck with everything anyway, I hope to have my op in 2009.

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Never thought about that rockstar....suppose i'll have to be honest. I know it varies from person to person on how long you take to heal and stuff but was just wondering if people think i'll be ok to go on holiday in July with my mates and not have them notice i've had any work done? I read that scar tissue can still make your nipples look bad...im hoping 5 months healing time will be enough for decent results if i hit it hard at the gym before hand.

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Well that's me home now took the compression vest off last night and I have to say i'm pretty worried. The gyne definitely looks like it's gone but it was something extra he did that i'm worried about.

In my consultation I had mentioned the fact that when i'm cold it looks like im 'smuggling tic tacs'. He said he could reduce this but never went into much detail about he he'd do it. The day of the op just before I was about to lie on the table he came in again and said remember you mentioned about shaving a little bit off your nipple do you still want that? I just asked if it would look natural and he said yes so I thought I may aswell.

Well here's the picture I took just after the vest came off....

He has shaved a bit off the top on each side and put in a little stitch to stop the bleeding. I'm worried that im going to have a completely flat or inverted nipple now without the actual nipple bit in the middle. I'm hoping though that when the stitches ease their way out the middle part of the nipple will raise up above the rest of the nipple....even if it's just a tiny bit which is actually what I wanted. Is there anyone else that had a bit of it shaved off from Karidis? Or have a better idea than me from looking at the picture if it's gonna look natural or not?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:53:34 AM by petey755 »

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:24:58 AM by petey755 »

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Congratulations Petey!   8) 8) 8)

Don't waste your time worrying - Dr K knows what he's doing. You'll be leaving the plasters on for another 6 nights then you can have another look. The incisions and nipples should be healed by then but even so, it's going to look abit weird. I'm 3 weeks post op now and my nipples look different each day and I only had the nipple incision! Partly because of the vest but there's also so much going on under the surface.....

I think your results are great and I think in a few months your chest and nipples will look fantastic (for the record, that is the gayest sentence I ever wrote!)  ;D ;D ;D
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Thanks enuff, I've had my fair share of gay sentences on this too haha  :)

I keep telling myself Dr K wouldn't have offered to do it if it was going to give me a detrimental effect. If I hadn't opted to get that done and my nipple stuck out a little I'd be over the moon right now so I guess I just gotta play the waiting game and see if it comes out as the stitches do   :-\

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
You're right Petey - K wouldn't offer it to you if he wasn't confident. Seriously, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

He does procedures on women where, some might argue, the nipple area is even more important to get right and he's has some fantastic results.... (Yeah, I checked out the boob job before & after pictures! Research purposes only  ;D )

It'll be cool and the gang - you just wait and see  ;)

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Well thats just over 2 weeks now, still wish I hadn't asked for my nipple to be shaved but ah well. He said a little would be left but from the close ups it definitely looks like it will just all be flat at best. It's starting to look a little puffy which im guessing is the scar tissue. Anyone any idea how long stitches usually take to come out?

Offline kingboob

To be honest I don't see a great deal of difference in your chest apart from the nipple area (maybe a side on photo would highlight the difference more)............ I mean it looks like you have lost some definition to your pecs, but I assume that is because you have been unable to work out or lift weights?      Unless you are one of those lucky gits which looks that muscular without going to the gym normally?  :D :D

A couple of weeks post op is when the swelling gets going in my experience........ can take anything from another 2 weeks to 6 months before it goes down properly.   

Does it feel lumpy and bumpy or spongy like there may be scar tissue or swelling in there?

Remember it takes a bit of time before things are 100% perfect.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:04:59 AM by kingboob »

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
Well I have always looked like I had muscular pecs but im thinking most of that must have been fat cos when I took the vest off and still now its almost completely flat around that area!

There is a couple of areas that feel a little lumpy but nothing too major, going to start massaging soon as it doesn't hurt much now.

If only I could get a peek into the future to see what things are like on my holiday  :-\

Wearing any tshirt I want has been pretty awesome tho  :)

Offline petey755

• Posting Member
On Tuesday I will be 5 weeks post op, the stitches came out as soon as I started massaging so was happy about that. Been going to the gym for about the last 10 days and can do chest exercises without any pain its just stuff like shoulder press that i'm restricted on now. Managed to play a pretty physical 11 aside football match today too. Well here's a couple pics....

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Looking good petey  ;D

The tightness should ease by week six - I'm nearly 8 weeks now and have no problems at the gym. Have been abit slack with the massaging recently though.... must try harder!  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024