Author Topic: Karidis v Benito  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Considering a trip down to London to meet with Dr. Karidis or Dr Benito or maybe both.

Do you have any idea if there a set day of the week that both visit London??? I was just wondering if I could have got both opinions and prices and then decided who to proceed with.
Ideally if I could see one on day 1 then the other the next day, would suit.

I feel bad with this problem which was triggered by prescribed drugs, and will try to post some photos for opinions in the next few days.

All the best for 2009 !
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Pretty sure Dr Benito only comes to the UK 2 fridays of every month, but best to speak to Aida to confirm and to book an appointment. Dr Benito's consultation is free so it can't hurt to see him.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Well forget my questions above, I've arranged to see Dr. Karidis on the 7th January,

Jeezo that's a week today  :)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Good for you, let us know how you get on, he seems to be one of the top guys if you do a search.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Agree he does sound good, I felt with the euro getting stronger that there was probably not much between both the prices these days.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Karidis 4100 pounds
Benito 4000 euros

so with current exchange rates there is not much in it in terms of cost.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
The £ is incredibly weak these days, unless you want to wait a few years, i'd go with Karidis.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
The £ is incredibly weak these days, unless you want to wait a few years, i'd go with Karidis.

Surely if they're the same price or near-abouts it makes no difference if price is the deciding factor.  However, like all things it's who you believe will do the best job and feel most comfortable with in completing your surgery.  They're two of the most skilled in this type of operation.

Offline kingboob

They're two of the most skilled in this type of operation.

Not being funny here..... but how does anybody here ever really know how skilled a doctor is? 

I mean people on the forums here are trying to actually evaluate various surgeons performance (quite often based on hearsay), and many people actually seem to believe they are capable of doing so......... which is laughable.

My advice would be go with whoever you feel comfortable and happy with, trust your gut instinct and don't be swayed by other people telling you X is better than Y. 

For me I knew pretty much as soon as I met my surgeon that I wanted him to do it, just a gut feeling........ and I am now over the moon with my results and the way I have been treated is second to none IMO.

I know money is a big issue for everyone, but basically it is 3.5 to 4.5k in the UK, and much cheaper if you want risk it going to Poland or something....... which is crazy if you ask me.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member

Not being funny here..... but how does anybody here ever really know how skilled a doctor is? 

By research.

In this case it's from looking at this forum, seeing people who've used each surgeon and their experiences... before and after pictures etc then having a consultation with the surgeon(s) you consider the most skilled in terms of previous results seen on here, and then making an informed decision that the individual is happy with of who will do the operation.

I wouldn't fancy going to Poland personally, but I did go to Spain and don't really regret it! It's a lovely place and was a mini-adventure haha just a shame I can't tell anyone I've been there. :(

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I have read this board for over 2 years, and came down to the two surgeons. They both sound good, maybe Karidis has the slight edge (I'll find out on wed), I agree cost is not the main factor, would willingly pay more if I knew it was going to be done right 1st time. I don't recall reading any bad reports on K.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

I mean people on the forums here are trying to actually evaluate various surgeons performance (quite often based on hearsay), and many people actually seem to believe they are capable of doing so......... which is laughable.

Do you ever know how skilled anyone is in any job....up until 6 months ago everyone thought the top bankers were genius's.  Now Madoff has been out running the largest ponzi scheme ever, with losses at a minimum $50 Billion!!!!!

However, if someone completes a task more often than another, normally they become more proficient?  I've had other previous operations, one on my back by one of the best in the country - thankfully he lived up to his reputation.

As i also mentioned it's about who you feel comfortable with and who you believe will do the best job - there are no certainties in life, and things don't always go to plan - that's why you always need a plan 'B'.

So long as you've researched throughly, gained opinions from others experiences and then make the best informed choice, what more can you really do?

Like so many things in life, you pay your money, and take your chances!

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member

No offence, kingboob, but I think your opinions and views are slightly laughable and illogical. Making opinions on what people say is listening to people who have been down that road and have had experience. Er...isn't that what this site is exactly for?

I'm looking for someone who has had experience with a Smartlipo surgeon and has come away feeling happy with the results. As soon as that surgeon has had happy customers and little unhappy customers, I know who I can lean to for possible treatment.

Pretty straight forward no?
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline kingboob

0o0o, glad I got some debate going.  :D

Just saying, that most people are making decisions based on having read about ''good'' or ''bad'' results here on this forum.   But there is such a small group of people here that you are never going to get a fair sample.

Also, I have been coming here for maybe 5 years or more now, and it always goes in cycles....... first one surgeon is a genius, then it is the next, newer (usually cheaper) guy, then he or she has one bad report and everyone moves on to number 3.

No one ever seems to have realistic expectations (despite what they say before hand).   

I just get a little bemused with all the topics debating Mr X vs Mr Y, when apart from the price and the personalities we have no way of knowing how good they are with a knife.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
No one ever seems to have realistic expectations (despite what they say before hand).   

I just get a little bemused with all the topics debating Mr X vs Mr Y, when apart from the price and the personalities we have no way of knowing how good they are with a knife.

I'm not quite understanding your argument, why would you have no idea? 

If people give their experiences and the surgeons can demonstrate past operations how would this not give any indication of what they can do - it's almost similar to choosing a reputable builder, plumber etc, etc?  The issue is that EVERYONE heals and reacts differently to all surgeries, this is where some issues can stem from, others from not asking the right questions in the first place.

There is still a relatively small amount of operations carried out on this afflication, and so the sample group will stay small until the liberation begins my brothers.....

As for expectations, mine were always realistic.  I know my career as a Mens Health model is definately over; and i just wanted to have a chest that i would feel comfortable in and out of a t-shirt and something my mate would not be able to call me droopy breasts again.  This i believe i will end up with following my minor correction (i still had shirt free holidays last year), but he still has to live with a 6" parting the old slap head!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024