Author Topic: Sick Note  (Read 2250 times)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I wonder if your job involves an element of lifting you could get a Dr's sick note for a week off work to recover post op?

Maybe Dr K could issue one, (for a small fee I'm sure!)

;D :D
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

irish lad

of course he would :D

Banobo

When i told my work i needed to be off for a couple of weeks post op, got a sick line for it, they were fine until one week before op i get informed i'm being put forward for redundancy. TALK ABOUT GUTTED bad timing i'll tell you. What can i do though, tough times and the business is folding. Soo i now have all the time in the world to heal up  ::)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I agree Banobo, I got a job p/t and told them after a week I was off for 7 days and they told me it was not possible, so I told them to stick it  :-\ as it was I am happy not to have been lifting for the last 2 weeks, I wiz not spending that money to screw up an op !
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Banobo

Exactly. I worked in the farming/stone crushing industry as a heavy plant operator plus a lot of manual work and i dread to think how i'd manage without worrying about messing something up, feel a bit fragile and the last thing you wanna do is ruin what we just put ourselves through. The missus is the bread winner for the next wee while, think i'll just have to go back to doing gardens again, summer's coming up, top off and make the most of it eh, lol.

Jock you could have maybe went to docs for a line as proof. How's things looking so far?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024