Author Topic: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( THREE WEEK photos added)  (Read 13180 times)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( THREE WEEK photos added)
Well, firstly thanks to all who sent good luck wishes for yesterday.

Went down in the train on Wednesday, and out to the hospital for blood test, x-ray and ecg. All OK so off down Chinatown for a nice meal then off to see "We will Rock You". We stayed in the Danubious which is beside Lords and just a 10 minute walk to the hospital for 7am.

Taken up to my room, gown, slippers, dressing gown, designer pants, en suite, so no need to take anything with you.

The nurse took all my details, the anethetist came in for a chat, then Dr. Karidis arrived about 8am, took a few photos and said they would be up for me at 8:30, walked down to the prep room with the nurse, up on the couch and before I knew it I was in the recovery room.

I was back in the room by 11am and had a superb lunch about back of 12, I gave the wine list a wide berth  ;D

Felt a bit uncomfortable with the vest and some of the padding did not seem right, it seemed to have twisted some how. Chantelle (Dr K's Nurse) came up to see me, and agreed the vest was not right, it was really cutting in under my armpit so she went away and came back with a different type and a spare, which is far more comfortable. She took off my dressings and replaced them with the waterproof ones, seems to have been very little leakage. I had a cracker of a bruise on the right hand side and wondered if it was a haematoma, but it looked better this morning, so I am not worried now.

Chantelle told me that Dr K had taken 600ml from EACH side and 20g and 24g of gland, so that's certainly a load of my chest !

Hardly slept a wink last night, as she told me to sleep as upright as possible, to help reduce any swelling.

I took a few other photos pre / post but will upload them over the weekend.  I am really pleased with the results so far, and can't wait to walk out in a T-shirt in the summer.

I got a call tonight once I got home from the nurse to enquire how was doing, and also to arrange a follow up vist for 22 April.

Will keep you posted on my progress.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:37:26 AM by Jock »
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Awesome news Jock!  ;D ;D ;D Congratulations.

Were you surprised to see your new flat chest when the vest came off? I still remember how it felt. You get used to sleeping upright.... in about a week  :D So just R&R for you now mate - enjoy!

Had my 6 week check up with Dr K today. Was there for about 2mins!! We were both happy with the results and I'm to go back in 6 months for a final check up and so he can take some pictures.

Well done again - am made up for you  ;D

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Awesome news Jock!  ;D ;D ;D Congratulations.

Were you surprised to see your new flat chest when the vest came off? I still remember how it felt.

I've had the vest off twice, and agree it does feel a bit strange to look at a flat chest. Amazing how the skin quickly tightens up.

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Congrats. I think I'm gonna book a consultation with Dr Karadis.

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
congrats jock looking forward to seeing the results

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Well it's day 2 and obviously a bit sore under the arms etc.

Hope the photos work

Pre op

Post op - that sounds so stupid, I think you might guess that  ;D

I think the above is my favourite, looking at the side photo pre op, makes it hard to believe it is the same body  ;)

I have been advised that I will be going back to theatre in April at the time of my follow up, sadly it's to see Oliver this time  :-\ another General Anaesthetic might be more fun.

ps I did manage a few hours sleep last night thanks to enuff's advice to get a V pillow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:00:00 AM by Jock »

Offline george92

• Posting Member
Re: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 (Photos added pre/post)
Those results look great mate! You must be really chuffed  ;D
Congrats.
Hopefully I come out of my op with Karidis  looking half as good as that.  :D

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I got a call tonight from Dr. Karidis, just to see how I was doing, reminding me that if I had any problem or query then not to hesitate to get in touch with him.

Yes, I am really chuffed with the results so far, probably not venture outside this year in a T-shirt, I'll still be standing looking in the mirror  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Absolutely brilliant!

What a transformation! I've said it before, but life just ain't gonna be the same  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
What an improvement! My gyne was similar to yours and I'm glad it's gone. Now you can look forward to a summer in a T-shirt. You're right about that compression vest, mine was so tight, it felt like it was cutting into my flesh. I didn't notice how uncomfortable it was in hospital, just when I got home and it was an odeal to wear on, especially for the first few days.

Offline jon942

• Posting Member
Congrats Jock! Really pleased for you. Looks like a great result.

Take care

Jon

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I just had the vest off and went for a shower, a bit concerned at about two inches of redness around each nipple incision. Armpits are OK.

Anybody else experience similar changes?? I'll contact Dr K in the morning if I am not happy.

Apart from that all going well and still really pleased with the result

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hey Jock

Do the red marks go beyond the plaster area? Do you thing it's the start of some bruising?

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I'd be happy if I thought it was bruising, and hopefully that is what it is; the redness is well outside the area covered by the plaster. I was more concerned that it might be the start of some form of infection :'(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:43:37 PM by Jock »

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Dunno mate -- worth a call I reckon.

Let us know......

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024