Author Topic: Need help. I have no idea where to go.  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I'm a 23-year-old male, just finished college. I have gyno - and I hate it. It's two glandular lumps under each nipple, and not much fat. I'm in pretty good shape overall, I work out a lot.

I finally saved up enough money to get it done, while getting my degree in college at the same time. I'm Irish, and I have about 6 thousand euro in a separate savings account.

I have no idea where to go. I went to a plastic surgeon office in Dublin, in my country, and I was not impressed. During the consultation, I tested her by asking quite a few questions, and I left with the overall impression that they had little experience in actual gynecomastia surgery's - rather, they did lipos instead.

I'm terrified of getting a botched job done. I don't think Irish surgeons are experienced enough. I want an expert. God, I wish Dr Bermant was in Ireland for a while! Even a European country... I believe I will have to fly abroad to get it done, and right now England seems to be the best option. Plastic surgery there is probably more developed; the surgeons have better experience.

I'm keeping this to myself, not telling my family or any friends. That's not optional.

I don't know where to look, or who is reliable. I'm glad I joined this site, hopefully people can help me here.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Hey man look at the brightside, you got the money which is probably the hardest task to do when trying to get gyne surgery done. All you need to do now is do some research.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
There seem to be a number of qualified plastic surgeons in England; I read about them from guys who post on this site.
Round trip airfare to Orlando is about $750.  Not cheap, but you're welcome to come to Florida for your surgery.  My office does what it can to help patients who fly in from other countries.  I only mention this as an option because of your subject line.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

GynO_DuDe

In England you got Karidis & Levick ... both experts in gynecomastia correction. Ones based in Birmingham the other in London.

And your looking at spending approx £4000 thats consultation + operation etc.

Look in the UK section for loads of threads regarding them two surgeons.

DrBermant

I'm a 23-year-old male, just finished college. I have gyno - and I hate it. It's two glandular lumps under each nipple, and not much fat. I'm in pretty good shape overall, I work out a lot.

I finally saved up enough money to get it done, while getting my degree in college at the same time. I'm Irish, and I have about 6 thousand euro in a separate savings account.

I have no idea where to go. I went to a plastic surgeon office in Dublin, in my country, and I was not impressed. During the consultation, I tested her by asking quite a few questions, and I left with the overall impression that they had little experience in actual gynecomastia surgery's - rather, they did lipos instead.

I'm terrified of getting a botched job done. I don't think Irish surgeons are experienced enough. I want an expert. God, I wish Dr Bermant was in Ireland for a while! Even a European country... I believe I will have to fly abroad to get it done, and right now England seems to be the best option. Plastic surgery there is probably more developed; the surgeons have better experience.

I'm keeping this to myself, not telling my family or any friends. That's not optional.

I don't know where to look, or who is reliable. I'm glad I joined this site, hopefully people can help me here.

Actually I do see many patients from United Kingdom with Gynecomastia who prefer my techniques.  Unfortunately you are correct, not all doctors have the same skills.  I have seen many patients from around the world unhappy with the results from other doctors' surgery

We evolved our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel and start the process with emails and the phone.  With my typical Comfort after Gynecomastia Surgery, patients from afar tend to turn their trip to Richmond Virginia and Surrounding Region into a vacation. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Thank you very much for your replies. You are all excellent.

I'm going to plot this out over the next few days, try to get a plan together, and report back.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024