Author Topic: Lump under Nipple post-op  (Read 3895 times)

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Hey guys!

Had my op with Dr. Karidis on the 27th of January, so i'm now a few months post-op! I am delighted with the results in general!

Although I have noticed a lump under my right nipple, its nothing major....its not visible to the eye but i can feel it!

Could this be scar tissue still?!

I did not make my consultation after the op as my financial circumstances have changed.

However, I did call today and requested to speak to Dr. Karidis....was a bit disapointed with the response I got. The secretary pretty much said send him an e-mail and he may get back to you.

I can appreciate he is an extremely busy man but sparing 5min to call me back sometime in the next week wouldnt be too much to ask!

I am trying not too panic and figure it pretty much cant be any gland :-S as I cant really remember this lump or the feeling of the gland post op!!

Any input or replies would be appreciated!!

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Ryan it can't be gland, I asked Dr K about this, once its out it can't suddenly grow back.

I am 99% sure its scar tissue, I was told ST can continue to appear for 6 months after the op and you are well inside that window of opportunity.

I'm too soon to have got any yet I guess so am still hunting, but give the old massage thing a go and try not to worry.

Dr K is so in demand its not surprising he wasn't available to talk to you, hopefully you will get a response similar to mine from him sometime soon.

Don't worry about it!
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline ryan08

• Posting Member
Yeah it deffo feels like scar tissue, its pretty firm doesnt feel like gland! I'd be pretty devastated if not enough gland had been removed.

I am going to keep massaging and see how it comes along........even if it scar tissue it isnt noticeably to the eye!

Yeah I was pretty disapointed.....I cant remember off hand but his fee is in the region of 1500 for what I understand is about an hour and a half worth of work.......surely a 5min chat wouldnt hurt

But I dont suppose its his fault really, its the attitude of his secretary!!

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey ryan I am a couple of weeks post op and can also feel a lump under both nipples in different areas. I too was concerned as to what this could be.

I am going to phone Levick on monday to ask him and hopefully should have an answer by tjen.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
The two co-ordinators are really hit and miss i think there over worked personally. I like jackie the best try and speak to her

Just dont take no for an answer say your GP has told you to contact them, i know hes a busy man but jesus christ hes consulting a lot of the time sureley he could pick up the phone for 5 minutes. I would say personally that you couldnt attend the checkup because of family problems they might be a bit more sympathetic then. I think one of the main reasons they want you to come back is for the "Before/After" Photo's which they obviously like to have

But yeah its going to be scar tissure, and thats all hes going to say to you without seeing you anyway. He only leaves like a small disc of gland behind so i wouldnt worry just keep on massaging it!
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Hi Kingboob, where did you get your scar tissue removed kingboob and how much did it cost? I am over 1 year post-op now and although I'm now probably being a bit of a perfectionist I am thinking about getting a small lump of scar tissue removed or trimmed down a bit as it is bothering me. My surgery was done originally by Dr. Benito and although I'm really pleased with the results overall I can't be bothered to go to Barcelona to have the scar tissue revision done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024