Author Topic: For those who have had surgery with Alex Karidis, how long to keep the vest on?  (Read 1877 times)

Offline thetodd

This is for anyone whos had surgery with karidis

How long did you keep your vest on, ive had it on 6 days now and its not really a massive problem but i want to start going out of the house now and it really is to warm atm to wear this vest (and its noticeable with just a tshirt on). How long did you guys wear it for? Karidis told me a week but his staff are telling me two weeks. I dont mind sleeping with it at night but during the time i leave the house its to hard to hide in this hotish weather

Any advice appreciated!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

If he said 7 days then I would go by that.....

I guess the ideal compromise would be to take it off when going outside and wear it at bedtime and other times when you are at home alone........ also if you are going to exercise then wearing the vest is probably a good idea as it will stop you swelling up as badly.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
6 days of 24x7 for me then it came off.

Having said that I found mine quite unobtrusive under a regular work shirt and didn't make me feel much hotter though I work in an air conditioned environmenet.

I think if its a relatively mild case then it can come off after a week, or maybe go to wearing it just in bed if your worried.

I have read some guys in the states wearing it for one month plus! which I think isnt necessary. Like you I was told by Dr K, one week should be sufficient.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:38:43 PM by as400 »
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline thetodd

Nice one lads

yeah AS400 i agree, i think wearing it for to long sort of makes the vest comforting. When you take it off it just feels plain weird im just going to wear it to bed now. Feels weird wearing a tshirt looks good but really weird numbing sensation on my chest when it rubs against it

Its amazing how good my chest looks after just 1 week though, theres some swelling but you wouldnt be able to tell ive had surgery ... Karidis is quality!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024