Author Topic: pre-op recovery  (Read 1732 times)

Offline chris87

• Posting Member
grah i mean post op alway mix the 2 up

hi all i recently had surgery with Dr. Karidis (11th) i just have a quick question the last 2 days when ive raised my arms above my head or out to the side it feels like my chest and my nipples are being pulled up with my arms which makes it feel like the wounds are going to split open, is this part of the normal recovery to have this tightness and feeling when raising your arms over your head as im quite worried that it may mean it isnt healing properly or in the wrong place etc any answers would really help ease my mind

thank you
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:58:19 PM by chris87 »

Offline kingboob

Its normal mate...... the tightness, swelling and general discomfort is all part of the package - and I don't think ANY surgeon really gives the full details of what to expect pre-op; they would never have any customers.  :D :D

The things to worry about are bleeding, smelly discharge, high temperatures etc etc - anything which could indicate an infection or big problem.......... and obviously if you are really concerned or in any real pain you should contact him or your GP for proper medical advice.

The healing takes a bit of time and you could have the tight feeling for a few weeks yet, but you will see improvements day by day, just don't rush it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:07:53 PM by kingboob »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024