Author Topic: 2.5 weeks post op  (Read 2940 times)

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
hi i am now 2.5 weeks post op, i had lipo and excision on the right side of my chest and just lipo on the left side, the surgeon said i didnt need excision on the left side as the gland was small and although it looks alot better there is still gland there that i can see when i raise my arm or tense my chest.....will the fat just come back with time? would it be better if a requested he removed the gland aswell? My right side were i had excision is slightley indented but on a whole it looks alot better and hopefully will continue to improve, i am more worried about the left side where there is gland left though!!

i am wearing compression vest only at night and a nike compression vest while light training, i have just started massaging with arnica gel and bio oil 2-3 times a day. I have a small lump under my left nipple (lipo only)and a larger lump under my right nipple (excision)...i am presuming this is scar tissue??? will it go?  also since i have started massaging my chest it has become very tender and my nipples are sore especailly on the left side where there is still gland left, any ideas what this is?

i have some before and after pics if anyone could advise how to insert them on here or could do it for me?

any advice is apprecaited

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
can no one help or give advice as to weather this is normal?

irish lad

all i know is your only 2.5 weeks post op so your chest will still be pretty rough so just give it time, its gona take months before you see your final results.. somedays your gona feel good others bad about your chest.

to get your pictures up just go to to photobucket.com and them post the link here.

Offline thetodd

its scar tissue/swelling that your feeling. 2.5 weeks is very very early in the revovery process its going to take months to settle

just keep on massaging and using your gels and take each day as it comes it will look normal soon.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
is it supposed to hurt after massaging?  feels very tender and irritated by even my shirt rubbing again it for few hours afterwardds

Offline thetodd

yep it will do, tshirts were very uncomortable for me rubbing against the skin till about 5 weeks post op its just increased sensivity it was also unfcomfortable massaging for me till very very recentley

Its a big op youve just had, its goin to be uncomforable for a few more weeks yet im afraid

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
the side i had lipo only on is more sentative than the side i had excision on? also the lump on lipo only side has gotten bigger since i stopped wearing the vest 24/7, rang surgeon and back in to see him on monday, might jsut get him to remove gland on left side to so at least they are both the same

irish lad

biffa.. i dont think its as simple as that first of all what you think is gland might not be and usually you have to wait at least 6 months for a revision!! because there will be scar tissue present and thats very difficult to manage

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
only 2.5 weeks since your op - don't worry yet! It will take at least a year for it all to settle back down again. There will be alot of harder scar tissue in there which takes a while to soften up, swelling will go down as well so just be patient, there is no way you can tell yet. Believe me! 3 months after my op the doc thought I needed further incision but when I went back on the day for it they changed their mind because it had improved during that time. So just hang in there, it sounds all good to me. :)

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
well went back to see my surgeon yesterday and he said they side he done lipo on is definatly more lumpy and harder than when he first took off dressing. He says he thinks i have knocked it some how and its some sort of reaction, said he is happy with the excision side and to come back in 5 months when it settles down???? i am sure i will need excision on the left side too though......there goes my holiday abroad this year! cant go with uneven chest#!

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
i didnt massage yesterday and my chest didnt feel as sore or sensative... do you think i shoudl stop massage until it is less sensative or this normal to feel sore and sensative after massage?

Offline thetodd

i dont understand why he didnt do an excision on both sides, maybe you just had gynecomastia on one nipples?

And youve got to massage, if you dont the scar tissue will just form and take longer to dissapear. You really need to stop analysing your body its going to do your nut in! My chest isnt evenly healed yet  but its getting better every week so top worrying and just massage and eat healthy

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
thetodd no i def had it in both but he said it was more servre in one side thats why he only done excision there, other side i still had a little gland but looked alot better after the lipo...

now since i been massaging the side with the gland it has flared up and gotten worse?

Does anyone know if touching/massaging gyno or existing gland can make it flare up and get worse? its got alot more lumpy and seems swollen in the past two weeks and is very tender, itch and sore touch.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:48:08 AM by bigbiffa »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024