Author Topic: Gutted  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Hi all, to those that read my last post i was to see the clinical psycologist tomoro, 6.8.09, this was as a result of a meeting with the p.s who had agreed to do the op, i take it this was just routine to advise me of the risks, got a phone call this morning, there has been an emergency within her family and her clinics have been cancelled, now got to wait til 1st October to be seen by her, i had really worked myself up about 2moro and felt really positive, now i am gutted.:-(

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Gaz30, don't give up hope! You've done well to get this far and are continuing to do well to persevere! Has there been any update on the situation? Perhaps ask them to arrange an alternative psych?

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
Hang tight, bro. Sometimes a forced timeout, hard as it is, helps to get perspective on everything. Not to say that you'll change your mind about your condition, or getting surgery or whatever, just that it may make you more philosophical about it all and help you with the longterm coping.  Because even after surgery, results can sometimes take a LONG time to become noticeable.  I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, just trying to encourage you stay optimistic and not give up.

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Hey folks, thanks for the positive comments, i have lived with this for 20 odd years and i am not giving up, got an appointment for 1st October to see clinical psycologist, might get a cancellation if am lucky, still loosing weight now at 11 stone 2, was over 14 and a half at one point so am getting there, only thing with that is it has made my moobs more noticeable and nufin has came off them, swings and roundabouts folks, need to focus on positive outcome will keep you updated!

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Hey folks, thanks for the positive comments, i have lived with this for 20 odd years and i am not giving up, got an appointment for 1st October to see clinical psycologist, might get a cancellation if am lucky, still loosing weight now at 11 stone 2, was over 14 and a half at one point so am getting there, only thing with that is it has made my moobs more noticeable and nufin has came off them, swings and roundabouts folks, need to focus on positive outcome will keep you updated!

Hi, glad to hear it! In regards to the weight loss...excellent effort! Keep it up. Unfortunately, i myself have noticed this and it is something that will happen. However, what keeps me motivated is that once the problem has been removed, you'll finally have that figure you've been working so hard for! Sort of...instantly! Just keep that thought in your head. I'm sure the feeling will be incredible. I've put on some muscle because it is evident from the shoulders and arms but obviously not the chest so i'm waiting to see what lurks under there lol ;)

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Hey Folks, Just a wee update, i am bursting with excitement, i got a cancellation for a week on thursday 3.9.09, can't believe it, finally turning a corner :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024