Author Topic: Still there after 88 pounds lost [Pitchers]...  (Read 9229 times)

Offline HackEmOff

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I'm a 5'7" young adult male who used to weigh 287 lbs... I've had gynecomastia since age 12-13 and my weight skyrocketed sometime in early Jr. High from 125 in the 6th to around 260 in the 10th grade, and peaked at 287 in my senior year. Hell, at 287, I was a size 50 waist... I did the math and I found out that, unlike normal children, I grew more across the circumference of my waist than I did in height! I even found it extremely difficult to wipe my ass because of how large my buttocks were! Throught junior and senior high I always received comments such as "Your boobs are bigger than my girlfriends" and was given countless titty twisters, and this only worsened my eating habits as a source of comfort, I guess. I've gotten over that now and have since moved on, as I don't wish to dwell on the past. I am now 199 lbs and a size 37 waist, and my ass has since reduced in size significantly, as has the majority of my body.

I plan on losing at least another 25 lbs, and I know I still have gynecomastia to a significant extent, so I need to know if it's worth getting surgery at my current state. At the very least, I have noticed very little change in my chest throughout my weight loss. They may have reduced a little bit in size (at least that's what my mom tells me, I beg to differ) but for all intents and purposes their shape remain the same. And unfortunately I never took any photos of myself at my peak because I didn't know if I could actually lose that much weight and keep it off.

The reason I would like surgery is to bang chicks without a shirt on and feel confident about it, and maybe go to the beach without a shirt as well.
Thanks, and please give me your input, especially someone highly reputable like Dr. Bermant.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02457gyq.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/i/dsc02459r.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02460v.jpg/
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02461i.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02462zyj.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02463n.jpg/
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02466j.jpg/
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/dsc02467seg.jpg/

Oh by the way, it's worth mentioning that it looks worse in a warm/hot environment because in these photos there's AC and my nipples shrivel up quite a bit. In high temps such as outside, my nipples stick out like eyeballs. I could upload some more pitchers if you want. It is also worth noting the many stretch marks I have across my torso especially in the underarm and lower navel area due to my prior morbid obesity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:59:00 AM by HackEmOff »

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
Hey, congrats on losing the weight! That is a major accomplishment.

I'm going through the same thing. I weighed 245 at my heaviest; I'm down to about 200-205 now, but my boobs have stayed the same, and in fact they're more noticeable now because my gut doesn't stick out as much. And one of my boobs is bigger than the other, which just looks bizarre.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your topic, but I wanted congratulate you on the weight loss! Just curious, what did you do to lose the weight?

Offline HackEmOff

• Posting Member
Hard exercise, I started out at 30 min, then in subsequent weeks and months added 30 extra minutes and another and another... now, whenever I don't have any exams to study for or any assignments to do, I try to get in around 2 hours of exercise each day nearly every day of the week, jogging & interval sprinting, and hard rowing. I try to consume no more than 850-1000 calories.

But as of yet all this effort still hasn't taken much away from the excess around my chest area, and I was wondering if further weight loss would make a difference. I will lose at least 25 more lbs in the next few weeks, but it doesn't look promising.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hard exercise, I started out at 30 min, then in subsequent weeks and months added 30 extra minutes and another and another... now, whenever I don't have any exams to study for or any assignments to do, I try to get in around 2 hours of exercise each day nearly every day of the week, jogging & interval sprinting, and hard rowing. I try to consume no more than 850-1000 calories.

Standing O!!!  Clap, clap, clap, etc, etc......  Congrats to you my friend!

But as of yet all this effort still hasn't taken much away from the excess around my chest area, and I was wondering if further weight loss would make a difference. I will lose at least 25 more lbs in the next few weeks, but it doesn't look promising.

Dude...  loosing more weight will not help. You need to see a Plastic Surgeon my man!  ;)

I was in your exact same predicament in 1990. Lost a ton on weight, got down to 148lbs from 230! However the m(o)(o)bs remained... Somewhat smaller, but still very noticeable. It was very disappointing to have made the effort and gone through so much hard work to get my weight down and yet to have the G still remain. Needless to say, the weight piled back on and got back up near to the 230 that I was originally prior to loosing the weight.

I November 2004, I found out that my condition had a name, was not alone and that there was a fix for this curse... I found this site and was recommended to Doc Fielding... Went in for a consult and had surgery on Feb. 16, 2005! I was finally on the 'Other Side'...  ;)

Sorry to ramble on here dude....

Anyways, search out an experience PS and set a date for surgery!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline HackEmOff

• Posting Member
I already did set an appointment with a few PS's in the next few weeks, but I must ask, when you went back up to 230, did you notice your gyno get larger again?

DrBermant

Hey guys, I'm a 5'7" young adult male who used to weigh 287 lbs... I've had gynecomastia since age 12-13 and my weight skyrocketed sometime in early Jr. High from 125 in the 6th to around 260 in the 10th grade, and peaked at 287 in my senior year. Hell, at 287, I was a size 50 waist... I did the math and I found out that, unlike normal children, I grew more across the circumference of my waist than I did in height! I even found it extremely difficult to wipe my ass because of how large my buttocks were! Throught junior and senior high I always received comments such as "Your boobs are bigger than my girlfriends" and was given countless titty twisters, and this only worsened my eating habits as a source of comfort, I guess. I've gotten over that now and have since moved on, as I don't wish to dwell on the past. I am now 199 lbs and a size 37 waist, and my ass has since reduced in size significantly, as has the majority of my body.

I plan on losing at least another 25 lbs, and I know I still have gynecomastia to a significant extent, so I need to know if it's worth getting surgery at my current state. At the very least, I have noticed very little change in my chest throughout my weight loss. They may have reduced a little bit in size (at least that's what my mom tells me, I beg to differ) but for all intents and purposes their shape remain the same. And unfortunately I never took any photos of myself at my peak because I didn't know if I could actually lose that much weight and keep it off.

The reason I would like surgery is to bang chicks without a shirt on and feel confident about it, and maybe go to the beach without a shirt as well.
Thanks, and please give me your input, especially someone highly reputable like Dr. Bermant.

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02457gyq.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/i/dsc02459r.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02460v.jpg/
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02461i.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02462zyj.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dsc02463n.jpg/
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dsc02466j.jpg/
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/dsc02467seg.jpg/

Oh by the way, it's worth mentioning that it looks worse in a warm/hot environment because in these photos there's AC and my nipples shrivel up quite a bit. In high temps such as outside, my nipples stick out like eyeballs. I could upload some more pitchers if you want. It is also worth noting the many stretch marks I have across my torso especially in the underarm and lower navel area due to my prior morbid obesity.

Congratulations on the weight loss!!  88 pounds is a great deal of weight.  Have you checked your BMI Body Mass Index CalculationBody Fat Analyzers can also be critical in understanding current muscle, bone, fat percentages. 

I prefer my Standard Pictures for Evaluating the Male Chest After Massive Weight Loss.  There are specific views that tend to show the loose skin component better than standing upright.  The flexing muscle views attempt to show just how low the nipples are and if they are below the pectoral muscles. 

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging. 

Low Nipples Look Strange on the Male Chest. Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with the gynecomastia and lift drooping chest tissues.  For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

My chest lift patients use their stomach and lower body to help get around.  My lower body lift patients use their upper body to help mobilize.  Performing both at the same time means much more discomfort and less mobility.  I prefer to perform my lower body contouring first permitting tissues to adjust, and then doing the chest lift.  Lifted chest tissues can be pulled down if the lower surgery is done second.

Being patient can be of value.  If further weight loss is planned, losing before surgery is usually better than after.  Tighten skin with surgery, subsequent weight loss usually results in loose skin again.  Loose skin can take some time to finish shrinking after weight loss, from 6 to 18 months for gastic bypass patients.

No Surgery Body Shaping Garments can be a temporary contouring option while stabilizing weight or waiting for skin to shrink.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

Offline Manboobzz

Congratulations on the weight loss!!  88 pounds is a great deal of weight.  Have you checked your BMI Body Mass Index Calculation?  Body Fat Analyzers can also be critical in understanding current muscle, bone, fat percentages.  

I prefer my Standard Pictures for Evaluating the Male Chest After Massive Weight Loss.  There are specific views that tend to show the loose skin component better than standing upright.  The flexing muscle views attempt to show just how low the nipples are and if they are below the pectoral muscles.  

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging.  

Low Nipples Look Strange on the Male Chest. Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with the gynecomastia and lift drooping chest tissues.  For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

My chest lift patients use their stomach and lower body to help get around.  My lower body lift patients use their upper body to help mobilize.  Performing both at the same time means much more discomfort and less mobility.  I prefer to perform my lower body contouring first permitting tissues to adjust, and then doing the chest lift.  Lifted chest tissues can be pulled down if the lower surgery is done second.

Being patient can be of value.  If further weight loss is planned, losing before surgery is usually better than after.  Tighten skin with surgery, subsequent weight loss usually results in loose skin again.  Loose skin can take some time to finish shrinking after weight loss, from 6 to 18 months for gastic bypass patients.

No Surgery Body Shaping Garments can be a temporary contouring option while stabilizing weight or waiting for skin to shrink.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

K, the BMI calculater is inacurate if it's working how i think it does, someone who is 5'8 lets say, and weighs umm, 170, and is almost all muscle with very low body fat, is not someone i would consider overweight :S. Or is this meant for people with high body fat? or am i missing the point of this all together :P (sorry if i am inaccurate or sounding rude, i didn't mean to ^^)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:43:16 AM by kiwibird »

DrBermant

Congratulations on the weight loss!!  88 pounds is a great deal of weight.  Have you checked your BMI Body Mass Index CalculationBody Fat Analyzers can also be critical in understanding current muscle, bone, fat percentages. 

I prefer my Standard Pictures for Evaluating the Male Chest After Massive Weight Loss.  There are specific views that tend to show the loose skin component better than standing upright.  The flexing muscle views attempt to show just how low the nipples are and if they are below the pectoral muscles. 

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging. 

Low Nipples Look Strange on the Male Chest. Male Mastopexy Chest Lift can help with the gynecomastia and lift drooping chest tissues.  For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  Others may need excess skin under their arms and upper back addressed with an upper body lift.  However, the upper body lift scars that go around the back are a compromise factor that many seem to prefer avoiding since this is not as well hidden.

My chest lift patients use their stomach and lower body to help get around.  My lower body lift patients use their upper body to help mobilize.  Performing both at the same time means much more discomfort and less mobility.  I prefer to perform my lower body contouring first permitting tissues to adjust, and then doing the chest lift.  Lifted chest tissues can be pulled down if the lower surgery is done second.

Being patient can be of value.  If further weight loss is planned, losing before surgery is usually better than after.  Tighten skin with surgery, subsequent weight loss usually results in loose skin again.  Loose skin can take some time to finish shrinking after weight loss, from 6 to 18 months for gastic bypass patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

K, the BMI calculater is inacurate if it's working how i think it does, someone who is 5'8 lets say, and weighs umm, 170, and is almost all muscle with very low body fat, is not someone i would consider overweight :S. Or is this meant for people with high body fat? or am i missing the point of this all together :P (sorry if i am inaccurate or sounding rude, i didn't mean to ^^)

Body Mass Index is a useful tool, but does not take into consideration how much of that weight is muscle, fat, or bone.  Body Fat Analyzers can help with that to a degree.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline revrusty

• Posting Member
Hey man,
I lost weight too but the gyno stayed so I had the surgery. Best decision I ever made in my life. I would encourage you to look into surgery. I think you'll be very pleased with the results (I sure am).

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
Same here... Though im not taking surgery yet, i think that it will be the best answer for my case.
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline kingboob

Looks like you are going to need a chest *lift* of some kind.      Scars are a fact of life when it comes to this type of surgery so you should start to think seriously about whether you will be happy to accept the scars in exchange for a flat chest.

well done on the weight loss, by all means keep going but IMO I don't think it is going to help with the loose flabby chest.

Offline HackEmOff

• Posting Member
Yeah I went to go see a PS who has seen these types of cases before, and he mentioned that mine was a very difficult case not only because I had already lost a very large amount of weight and they remained, but because they sagged quite a bit. I have had gynecomastia since age 13 and around that time my weight skyrocketed, and I have had fat deposits in the chest area for so long, the skin had acclimatized, so to speak, or gotten used to that shape. Any attempt at regaining a normal, flat chest, in theory, would be recognized by my body as unnatural and I would invariably have droopy, sagging boobs composed mostly of extra skin and very little to no fat whatsoever, not if, but when I lose some more weight. They would look like deflated, empty balloons.

I don't care too much about scars at all, unfortunately my mother does (she has trained as a surgeon's assistant for 12 years) and she says, post surgery, that I will look like a woman who underwent a sex change surgery and had breast removal because of the appearance of scars.

Offline kingboob

I don't care too much about scars at all, unfortunately my mother does (she has trained as a surgeon's assistant for 12 years) and she says, post surgery, that I will look like a woman who underwent a sex change surgery and had breast removal because of the appearance of scars.

The thing is it is your body and only you can make the choice of scars vs man boobs.    I would check out sites such as plasticsurgery4u.com (Dr Bermant)  and locateadoc.com/pictures/cosmetic-surgery/gynecomastia-male-breast-reduction.html  to give yourself some idea of what can be achieved and what the scars are going to be like.

At the end of the day you need to speak to a surgeon to see what can be done with minimal scarring.

Personally having had large breasts I feel like the scar is 100 times better than the breasts - even if it does look like I have had breast reduction surgery. Having said that I feel with the long scar I have is not a dead give away as to the nature of the surgery............  where as some of the donut / key / T-shaped chest lifts are a bit of a dead give away because they are the same technique used on women and the scar is completely centered around the areola.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:47:18 AM by kingboob »

Offline maineguy79

• Posting Member
At least scars aren't visible when you're wearing a shirt. Man boobs, on the other hand, are a lot more difficult to hide...  :-\

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!

Mate, first I would like to congratulate you on weight loss, I was on the same boat, still struggling with last few pounds)))

There are a couple of things that you should pay attention to tho,

1. You are consuming 800-1000 cals/day ... basically your body has entered into starvation mode, so it will keep hanging to the fat on your body, that is not the way to do it, you are on a self-destruction mission here,
For your weight and height, you need at least 2000 calories/day, if you want to save your skin and lean body mass.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

This site will help you out immensely figuring out what to do next.

2. Altho you lost a great amount of weight, your body fat is still high, 20%+ minimum, and that's due to (1), and it seems that you don't have any weight lifting incorporated into your program, I would focus on that rather than cardio, that is if you want to save your muscles, and not experience loose skin, and your chest will tighten up pretty well after a 6 month or so.

3. I would drop the Body fat before going to any surgeon, granted the gyne will remain there, but you'll be in a better and healthy shape than you are now at, you will see some great improvements.

Again congratulation on your major achievement, and for your own sake, eat more you will lose more fat... Crash diets bounce back.

Hope this helps you out,

Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024