Author Topic: karidis blood test question  (Read 3664 times)

Offline talons

• Posting Member
Hi all, I am new here. Read through some pretty rave reviews on karidis so i will go for him.

I have a couple of questions please.

- Where can the blood test be taken outside karidis's clinic and how much is it approximately?

- I will be alone in London, is it okay to go to surgery and home by myself after the surgery?

Thanks for any help!!

Offline tobeborn

• Posting Member
Hi

1. Your bloods can be done through nhs, but beware, I went to gpand said I am having private (gyne) surgery and need a blood test, he sent me to local hospital. when i got there, they said it says the reason for test says pre-op and finding out it was private that no nhs service is available for any private treatment. it's kind of ridiculous i feel, refusing a simple blood test for someone who hardly uses nhs services, but this is a big issue, all the way up to cancer patients being denied treatment if they choose a better private drug to increase their chances of survival!! if you manage to do it on nhs its free obviously

anyway, i went to (and should have gone straight to) Dr. Karidis's hospital (st john st liz), £130 and it was done in 2 mins, results with him same day!

2. i felt quite ok within an hour or two of surgery, certainly comfortable to move about and could have taken a cab home, perhaps even train, even though i had arranged to be picked up. you shouldn't really have any probs and can always call a cab from the hospital when you feel ready to leave.

Offline cymro

• Posting Member
Yeah, I'm in the process of getting blood tests for karidis too. I have to get 3 blood tests. The NHS did the first two (cant remember them off the top of my head) for free while they couldn't do the coag screen because they stopped doing that a few years ago. I guess I'll have to go private for that. I didn't get any probelm with the NHS, I think the NHS really varies in each area and in which doctor you have. It's defiantly worth a shot though. All you have to do is make appointment to see your doctor, tell him your having gynecomastia surgery and you need these bloodtests, after, make an appointment for the blood tests and see your doctor again after your results have come back. This can be done inside two weeks.

Private is a lot quicker but you have to pay for it. I'll let you know how my coag screen test cost after I have had it done.
As for your second question, I'm not exactly sure as I haven't had surgery yet, but, I have read somewhere that an Irish guy travelled from London back to Ireland a few hours after his surgery with Karidis.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
i to am worried what exact blood tests i need for karidis, i was diagnosed with gynecomastia and they sent me for blood test. not sure exactly what they were for think it was only hormone levels etc. guess i need to go back to the drs and find out exactly what they were? but they all came back good and then he referred me to a ps. not sure exactly what karidis will need tho would i just get a note from my doctor, then give it to karidis? anyone had experience with nhs giving blood test to karidis? any info would be appreciated

Offline cymro

• Posting Member
When you set out the date for surgery with karidis they will send you loads of information about the whole procedure including which bloodtests you will need. I think the tests for karidis are more for the surgery rather than the gynecomastia. The tests I have to do are more to do with blood clotting etc. rather than hormones.

If you haven't set a date for surgery then you don't need to worry about the blood tests yet. The waiting list is usually about six weeks for surgery with Karidis so you'll have a decent time frame to get everything done. Blood tests are easy enough to get but you may have to go through some procedures like making appointments with a doctor before getting the blood tests. The nhs are probably fine when it comes to sending off the blood tests.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the info cymro! im looking to book soon but atleast i wont have to stress about that untill its booked.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024