Author Topic: GP Visit complete - endocrine next? Scotland  (Read 2054 times)

Offline skinnyman

Hi,

A little background - I have suffered with gyno from a very young age. When i was 14-15 my parents took me to my GP, who referred me to a peadatrician. He acknowledged the proble, and said the only option was surgery. After explaining the procedure and claiming i would be left heavily scarred i decided i didnt want surgery and would try to live with the problem, looking back now though i realise he was using scare tactics to put me off. I'm now 26 and i've decided enough is enough.

I went to see my GP, the same one i visited as a child. He recognised i still have a problem and said there was a fair bit of breast tissue present. He has referred me for endocrine testing which is scheduled in a couple of weeks time. Can anyone shed any light on what testing is involved?

The GP reckons it is most likely they will use lipo, but i guess i wont know until i see a PS. I am located in lanarkshire, scotland. Has anyone had any surgery in this area?

This website has been a great find and already a good source of information, as well as providing some comfort. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Hi Skinnyman, i am in Glasgow and recently had surgery for my gyne last month, Oct 28, i first started with the g.p who referred me to an endicrinologist, i was then referred to a clinical psycologist , she referred me to a plastic surgeon, Mr Watson, at Glasgow Royal Infirmary, who saw me and said he would be very happy to carry out surgery and referred me back to clinical pycologist who then finally referred me back to Mr Watson, who went over with me how he would perform surgery, he then booked me in for the following week!!!, what i am trying to say it may seem like a whole lot to hassle and yes you do get despondant it took me a year and a half from beginning to end, but stick with it believe me mate, it is worth it, i had liposuction done and over half a pound of fat removed from each side, i still have the compression vest on for another 3 weeks but am telling you the difference is amazing, if you could get Mr Watson he is amazing, the whole NHS Experience for me was first class, go for it mate, i am already planning holidays and been shopping for new gear what a confidence boost, go for it, Good Luck ;)

Offline bluemoon

• Posting Member
Hi Skinnyman, I'm in Motherwell and had surgery 4 weeks ago. Tried to go through NHS but after 2 years of trying got so fed up that thought it was time to go private. There is another guy from the local area on here, ryan08, who has been a MASSIVE source of advice and guidance for me.

Had my surgery with Taimur Shoaib and am delighted with the results. Went for a consultation in Sept and gyne free by mid October. Wish I hadn't messed around so long with the good old NHS.....

Good luck!!

Offline skinnyman

Thanks for the replies.

I recently received the blood test results from the endocrine testing. My testosterone is slightly lower than usual and i now have to go back to discuss this with the consultant and will most likely be given some kind of testosterone supplement. The endorcrine consultant was a very nice chap and made me feel at ease. He confirmed what my GP said - that i have a pretty bad case of bilateral gyne and in his opinion i have a very strong case for surgery on the NHS. This is reassuring but i can't help but think that the results of the blood test will slow the whole process down.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024