Author Topic: N.H.S. surgery in 2 days!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
hey all,

My surgeries in two days in the West Midlands through the NHS with a surgeon called 'Mohan'.
Proper excited/nervous! The worst part of it is that ive got one of my 3rd year uni module exams on the 22nd! this is only 8 days after the op. does anyone think it's possible that i'll be fine to travel on a train without any luggage, to go sit an exam?
To be fair thats the last thing on my mind though! Just knowing that i'll be on the road to a whole new chapter of my life is amazing!
still have many questions though.

I was told i would have to get a compression vest, but do they provide you with something until you get your own? Im hoping so, because they didnt tell me i needed one for straight after the op!?

All of the ops i have read described on here seem to have had lipo through the arm pit? From everything ive gathered, all im having done is an incision under each nipple and having the 'breast' tissue removed from there. Has anyone else just had this done?

to those who've had the op...around 5 or 6 days post-op, were you able to walk around and look after yourself ok? like would I be able to travel on a train for 3 hours, cook tea, change my own clothes etc? lol. maybe silly questions but i'll have to probably go back to uni to sit my exam. Ive been told ive got to come back a week after the op, so i'll definitely be back for that. is that to change the compression vest and see how things are going?

Ive read a fair few negative reviews of the NHS on here, so hopefully they dont mess me up. i'll get back to you on that!
Also will take some pics pre and post op.

just want to say how happy I am to have found this website, its given me so much confidence about the whole thing. Amazing to know so many people are going through what I am.
everyones been really helpful.

thanks
 :)

TD

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good luck to u! keep us posted on how it goes

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024