Author Topic: Getting to St Johns Wood to see Dr. Karidis  (Read 1873 times)

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Hi all

I am going to see Dr. Karidis this friday and was just wondering if anybody who has been before had any tips on getting to the hospital.

I am getting the train from Manc to London Euston so i assume the tube from there is the best bet? Also is it far to walk from the tube station to the hosp?

The other thing is i assume their wont be any 'hard sell' involved? Im sure there wont be but was just checking!!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey dtc78! i have had a consultation with karidis but unfortuantely i drove there so do not have details on the trains etc. good luck on ur consultation i think it was around £75 wich is donated.

i think u will find there is no hard sell. i had mine about a year ago and i havent recieced one phone call since as i have been trying to come up with the money. there is nothing worse than those pushy hard selling types, i get the feelin they only care about the money.
karidis basically said that he could help me and said that he could see where the problem was wich was reassuring as sometimes u feel as if its in ur head.

the consultation didnt last long i would recommend making a small list of questions. as when ur there u feel a bit nervous and forget things that are important to ask.

hope some of this helps good luck to you

Offline thetodd

once you to to euston youl need two underground trains, i forget what they are now but itl take 20 odd mins to get to StJohnsWood station.

Once you arrive at the Johns wood tube station, you walk out and its about 100ft down the road. Cross the zebra walk for a minute or so and youl see it on your left hand side (youl prob see an ambulance outside it). If you see his receptionist they will try and persuade you a little bit but not much.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Thanks guys!!

Ill let you know how i get on! My plan, subject to Karidis being able to sort me out, is to have the op maybe mid april as im currently
marathon training which happens in early april so straight after would be ideal as then if anyone notices my flatter chest i can just blame weight loss!!! Not sure where ill get the money as yet but aint gonna let that get in the way of sorting this huge issue out!!

Speak soon

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey im hoping to get my surgery done maybe a bit before that, so i will let u know how i get on to. it must be a pain in the arse bein a marathon runner and suffering with gyne so well done to u, also good luck to u gettin the surgery to

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
yeh mate it is a pain,id love to wear a vest for running but no chance! Im not really a marathon runner as such,me and a few pals decided to do it for a charity we are close to,but im always conscious when im running that everyones looking at my moobs!!! Gyno certainly breeds paranoia hey?!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
oh right cool dct always good to do something for charity! respect to you. and i totally agree with u there gynecomastia does breed paranoia.

thats part of the reason why i want to have the surgery due to the mental side to it. i lived with gyne for way to long and only really found out what it was this year. this site has been a god send but i kinda had a shock when i knew what it was. it made me even more conscious but more determined to get the surgery done.

good luck on ur marathon keep us posted

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Cheers postiey!

Just got back from london and my meeting with Dr. Karidis. Its weird,the thought of having the op has excited me up until today, but when
you actually go to the hospital and meet the guy it really hits home what your contemplating doing. Having said that,nerves are natural,and getting rid of these is an amazing reward. I found Dr. Karidis very efficient, i wasnt there long, he confirmed i had it, showed me some pictures,discussed the big con that is smartlipo and that was it! I totally forgot all my questions i had to ask but it didnt matter,the main points were covered. I then spoke to a lovely lady regarding the costs involved then i was gone, all in all i was in 20mins!! Im probs going to contact them again in 4 weeks when the april dates are available, by then i hope to have figured out the money side of things! Anyway just thought id keep u all posted!

Speak soon!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
ye dct the same thing happend to me i forgot all the questions i wanted to ask. but like u say he covered the main points wich and was thinking along the same lines as me about my chest and how he could make it look better.

do u have a big case then? im meant to be getting the finances by the end of this month. then when i get them i am goin to have a long and hard think about wether to go through with this. ive been melting my brain these last few months so ive said to myself make a final decision when the money arrives.

the trouble is with my case is it isnt that bad but i feel like its shows up in a t shirt and makes the chest look droopy. im not feeling to bad at the moment but come the summer when u have to live in t shirts i am goin to be feelin uncomfortable.

do u have a mild case then? ill prob post pics before i book anyhow, when i find out how to do it

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
yeh judging by other pics on here id say i have a pretty bad case,for me its kinda a no brainer as to whether i needs sorting. I darent take
my top off in public at all,not even infront of my gfriend!! thats how bad it is mate! When the dr said he cud make me flat that was music to my ears. Im def gonna do it but id say to u is it all effecting the quality of ur life? if so, go for it! it is a big deal having an op but just think of the benefits to having piece of mind and ur confidence back.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024