Author Topic: Illness/stress can cause puffy nipple problem?  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Andyc21

Hey everyone, well I have had this puffy nipple issue for around a year now, I am 21 years old and since the age of 13 I have had high stress and anxiety due to being bullied between 12 and 16. When I left school the stress and anxiety calmed down but it gradually came back due to me having self-esteem issues and low confidence and for the past 3-4 years I have had almost constant anxiety. I noticed my nipples becoming a bit puffy a year ago but since around March 2009 they have got bigger and now they aren't just puffy but they are sore and tender too? I went to the doctors and told him and he felt it and went "Nah that isn't proper Gynecomastia, it's nothing to worry about" and I said, what about the soreness? and he just shrugged his shoulders  >:(

I don't know if this is connected... It probably is but I have had fatigue issues since I was around 16 too, I get tired really easy and I have gained fat around my hips and stomach even though I weight train and run. I think I probably have a hormonal issue that is causing the puffy nipples and tenderness. I need a doctor to believe me though and not just fob me off. I can see they are puffy, the day I went down the doctors it was a cold day and my nipples were temporarily firmer cos of the cold. When the room is warm my nipples puff out big style. In the bath they look horrible and I hate looking down at my chest. I have no gland underneath my nipple. it's just fatty, squidgy and sticking out.

Is there any medication or something I could do to reduce the puffyness without surgery? I might have adrenal fatigue due to prolonged stress, apperantly that can cause hormone imbalances so that would explain the gyno possibly. I am getting an adrenal fatigue test done at a nutritionist so I hope that sheds some light on why I have it.

DrBermant

Hey everyone, well I have had this puffy nipple issue for around a year now, I am 21 years old and since the age of 13 I have had high stress and anxiety due to being bullied between 12 and 16. When I left school the stress and anxiety calmed down but it gradually came back due to me having self-esteem issues and low confidence and for the past 3-4 years I have had almost constant anxiety. I noticed my nipples becoming a bit puffy a year ago but since around March 2009 they have got bigger and now they aren't just puffy but they are sore and tender too? I went to the doctors and told him and he felt it and went "Nah that isn't proper Gynecomastia, it's nothing to worry about" and I said, what about the soreness? and he just shrugged his shoulders  >:(

I don't know if this is connected... It probably is but I have had fatigue issues since I was around 16 too, I get tired really easy and I have gained fat around my hips and stomach even though I weight train and run. I think I probably have a hormonal issue that is causing the puffy nipples and tenderness. I need a doctor to believe me though and not just fob me off. I can see they are puffy, the day I went down the doctors it was a cold day and my nipples were temporarily firmer cos of the cold. When the room is warm my nipples puff out big style. In the bath they look horrible and I hate looking down at my chest. I have no gland underneath my nipple. it's just fatty, squidgy and sticking out.

Is there any medication or something I could do to reduce the puffyness without surgery? I might have adrenal fatigue due to prolonged stress, apperantly that can cause hormone imbalances so that would explain the gyno possibly. I am getting an adrenal fatigue test done at a nutritionist so I hope that sheds some light on why I have it.

There are many Medical Problems that can Cause Gynecomastia.

Fatigue, tenderness, breast growth, are among the many Symptoms of Gynecomastia that a good Endocrinologist should be investigating and evaluating. The problem is that many doctors just do not understand about the Major Emotional Stress of Living with Gynecomastia or consider the smaller Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia just "not that bad."  Perhaps that is one factor why I see so many UK gynecomastia patients who prefer my techniques and passions about this condition.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Andyc21

Ok so this is my story...

Growing up I was always a skinny kid, I am naturally an ectomorph and find it hard to gain weight. It took me years of dedicated diet and weight training to bulk up. I am 21 now, at 17 I was 10.7 stone/65kg which is roughly about 145lbs I guess. I am now 84kg, roughly 180-190lbs and it took 4 years of protein shakes, weight gainers, eating loads and lifting weights just to gain 3 stones/20kg lol. Some people gain that in a year!

Anyway this isn't about my weight, it's about my Gyno... Ok so growing up I never had gyno, when I reached 16 I noticed hard lumps behind my nipples and they were annoying me as I thought I had breast cancer or something lol. I went doctors and she said "Nothing to worry about, they will go away in time" I didn't have any puffyness, just hard annoying lumps. Anyway... They did go away after about a year and that was the end of it. However, around a year ago I started to get puffy nipples and I wasn't happy about it. They weren't sore, they were just starting to puff out a bit. In the last 6 months though my nipples have become tender, sore and more puffy as time has gone on. They are currently clearly visable when I wear a t shirt, you can see these ugly puffy nipples sticking out and it really upsets me and wrecks my self esteem.

They don't have any gland underneath, they are just fatty even though my body is fairly muscular and toned. My thought is that it is probably caused by a hormone imbalance, too much estrogen in my body probably. I have had a lot of stress and anxiety in the past few years so that may have kicked off the gyno too. I really don't know but I am wondering if there is a supplement I could take to reduce the puffyness in my nipples. It must be fat or water behind the nipples because as I said... There is no gland at all. These body builders who do steroids take something called nolvadex I think, apperantly it reduces their puffy nipples after a steroid cycle.

I have never taken anything more than protein and weight gainers along with my weight training so I know this puffy nipple problem is not brought on by steroids or any medication.

Has anyone tried nolvadex?

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good story and something i can relate to really sounds like the exact same thing i have tbh!

as ur question ar reguards to novaldex i think steroid users have this on hand if they start to get itchy nips.( the first sign of gyno) and then use it.
if the gyno has been present a few years most people say all these meds and herbal stuff are useless. i could be wrong but wouldnt we have heard of it on this site.

unfortunately i think the only way is surgery!!  hope any of this helps im not a doctor but just what i have researched really

good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024