Author Topic: Now 1.5 Years after my operation to remove Gynecomastia  (Read 2707 times)

Offline James101

• Posting Member
Hello, I posted here about 2 years ago. This website really helped in my life, So i came back to post my experiences with gynecomastia and the operation so others can read.

I had it since the age of 14 on both sides. I was very skinny and gynecomastia was very visable so I would avoid taking my top off infront of anyone. It made my miserable, depressed and left me very conscience of the way I look. They occasionally gave me a aching feeling.

I bucked up the courage to go see a GP in mid 2008 and they were pretty clueless. They give me bloodtests which came back pretty normal. By this time i was 6ft tall and nearly 15 stone, Very chubby.

After i found this website and read literally every topic, I planned to get the operation. But first i wanted to drop as much weight as possible because i was scared the operation on my flabby boobs would leave my with creasing and loose skin. I ran everyday and ate completely healthy, which was the hardest part and mentally draining. I think i saw Karadis in October 2008 for a consultation and booked my operation for December 5th 2008. At this point in december i had dropped to 12.5stone.

The day of the operation in london everyone was really friendly and it was so much nicer atmosphere than the NHS. BTW, shave your chest before you turn up at the hospital =) I woke after the operation very sore and could barely move. My chest felt really tight. Dr Karadis didnt see me after the operation, which was kinda unprofessional. But i did not care aslong as it was a good job. I was told he removed two very big glands both i think were at 2.4g in weight.

The following days after my operation were very miserable. I could not sleep due to the pain and wearing that tight vest he gives you to wear 24hours a day. The pain killers worked a charm i must admit, but only worked for a few hours.

Few days after i took a shower and had to take off my plasters. Was very impressed with what i saw, Flat chest at last! Was a large amount of bruising though that lasted for about 3weeks. After removing the Post Op plasters i saw the incisions he made to take gynecomastia glands out. They were very small and i think i had a few small cuts 1-2mm wide, absolutely tiny. Fantastic job my Dr Karadis. I wore the tight vest for i think 6weeks to make sure it all went well.

On the small incisions there was something very small and white hanging out maybe 1cm long. No clue to what is was so i started pulling it, I fainted few seconds later haha, and hit the deck pretty hard. Do not mess with the incisions lol! It disappeared few days later.

I hit the weights few months after to help build the muscle around the nipple area. Worked great and filled it out nicely.

Now in March 2010 after my Operation in December 2008 i look great. Im not ashamed to take my top off, I even go swimming and headed to the beach! Managed to bag myself a hot girlfriend, Im 11.5 stone lean and fairly muscular. I really must advise to hit the weights few months after the operation to get some muscle there to even out any creasing or flabby skin.

Now im happy, gained confidence and feel as though i can get on with my life without having that thing constantly in the back of my mind. I dont have pictures of pre operation, because basically i hated looking at myself. I can post pictures of what i look like now if people want to see Dr Karadis handy work. If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them and give advice because i may have missed parts out of this experience.

James

Offline thetodd

Stick the pictures up mate id like to see them

How long did it take your scar tissue to fully reside? if you had any that is. Glad to hear it changed your life!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Nebula

• Posting Member
Hi James, interesting post. Nice to read an account from such a long time after the op. yeah please post some pictures up. I have my surgery with Mr K in 6 days time, so be good to see more pics for the old confidence :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024