Author Topic: Pain..  (Read 1976 times)

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I dont have any pain with my gyne, but Im going to see my plastic surgeon (again) in two weeks (nhs). Now, if he asks me whether or not I have pain with it, will saying yes increase my chances of surgery?!

DrBermant

Hey guys, I dont have any pain with my gyne, but Im going to see my plastic surgeon (again) in two weeks (nhs). Now, if he asks me whether or not I have pain with it, will saying yes increase my chances of surgery?!

Surgery does not stop the painful gynecomastia from an unresolved hormone stimulating problem. Such symptoms should result in a referral to an Endocrinologist to stabilize the problem before considering surgery. Blindsiding a doctor with inaccurate details can result in a missed diagnosis or unnecessary testing.

I flinch when seeing a patient who had surgery elsewhere coming to me for regrowth after surgery when the operative records describe "painful gynecomastia" as a diagnosis. Pain can be a Symptom of Gynecomastia that the gland is still being stimulated to grow. Surgery does not stop breast growth. That is why working on stable problems results in a much lower recurrence rate.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:49:34 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024