Author Topic: itchy rash (pic)  (Read 4769 times)

Offline VR4

• Posting Member
i have developed some sort of a rash that is very itchy, this came after the removal of the bandages and the redness of the rash is exactly where the bandage stickers where, will be seen my surgeon in couple of days, anyone else experience the same thing? or ways to treat it thanks. 10days post-op.

here is the pic
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/4137/image0334.jpg

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I'm no doctor, but I know that lots of people are allergic to the adhesive on bandages. That's what it looks like to me.

Call the front desk of your doctor's office. They should be able to advise on what you can do now (so you don't have to wait until your next appointment).

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I think ddh really did go to medical school -- he is right on.

This is most likely a reaction to the adhesive of your bandage.  Take it off and do not replace it.  Call your surgeon and describe the situation -- he will probably recommend a cream for you to use.  This should be gone in a few days.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline VR4

• Posting Member
thank you doing that right now.

Offline VR4

• Posting Member
did little research and found out my first bandage was a latex and i had no issue with it, they gave extra which where acrylic adhesive bandages and they the ones that made the rash, i have contacted my surgeon and he gave me a prescription cream that contains hydrocortisone 17-butyrate 1mg/g chlorquinaldol 30 mg/g.

applied the cream twice in the last 8 hours, still no changes yet. hopefully he gave me the right cream.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your doctor prescribed a steroid cream, which will take down the inflammation.  However, no medication works instantaneously -- be patient -- it will work.

Dr Jacobs

Offline VR4

• Posting Member
thank you for the quick reply

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
im ten days post op today, can i remove my own bandage?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You should check with your own surgeon about self-removing the bandage.  Every surgeon has his own techniques and routines, which work best in his hands.  There is no absolute right or wrong in post-op care -- but best to follow your own surgeon's advice.

Dr Jacobs

Offline damonsta

• Posting Member
thank you doc. its just that i had my first post op visit and he didn't remove them and the bandage keeps pealing off on the ends when i shower, i called the office and nobody answered so i didn't know if this can cause infection. but thank you for you advice. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024