Author Topic: My gynecomastia (pics, and experience)  (Read 4261 times)

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

Happy i have found this forum and people from the UK that have this condition as i need to start talking about it and get something sorted out!

I started noticing my condition when i was around 16 or so and i am 24 now so had it for the past 8 years. Over the years its been slowly getting worse and worse and the time has come to finally get this sorted!

I hate my boobs and find it nearly impossible to talk to anyone about them apart from my girlfriend and we have now split up :( She was very understanding and they didn't bother her but i was so self concious of them i hardly ever took my top off around her even when we got down to business (why would she want to see my boobs hanging down, ugh i can't think of anything more disgusting!...

Anyway around 3 years ago i thought it could be because i was overweight (not by alot), but i got down to losing my gut and hopefully losing the boobs... i am about 5'8" and got my weight down from around 75kgs to about 61kgs (put it back on now), but the boobs still stood proud. I then started hitting the gym for a good few months working on my pecs, but nothing they didn't disappear.

These things are on my mind everyday and with just about everything i do... i work in retail and wear a sweatshirt and i have to hunch forward to try and minimise the impression on my shirt, if i walk outside without a jacket and its windy i constantly bring one arm over my chest to pretend im itching my shoulder, i have to constantly move the seat belt in the car, and would never dream of taking my shirt off in public or on holiday for swimming. These things are starting to really get me down now!

I have booked to see a doctor on friday so i can hopefully get the ball rolling to get these things removed! A couple of pics below :)

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/111xv.jpg/
http://img18.imageshack.us/i/12072010176.jpg/
http://img691.imageshack.us/i/12072010180.jpg/
http://img269.imageshack.us/i/12072010179.jpg/
http://img36.imageshack.us/i/12072010178.jpg/

How bad would these be rated from 1/10?

Offline thetodd

moderate case, i mean youve definitely got it i wouldn't worry about weight issues now etc you are at a healthy weight

all depends on the route you want to go, if you can afford it id reccomend you go private all the way. I doubt youl get much success on the NHS if truth be told because its not that serious
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
You have tried all the things you can, lose weight, hit the gym and if this still there then you most definately got it. With gyno it could be a mixture of excess glandular tissue and stubborn fat which will never go away no matter now much weight you lose as you most probably already know now. Surgical removal is no doubt the only solution to this. As thetodd has said I will defo go down the private route. NHS route will only delay you and there is no guarentee of getting it. I definately wouldnt say it is the worse iv seen maybe a 6/10, mine was pretty bad so i can only compare to that and others i have seen recently.

Hope this info has been some help to you.

best of luck

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Thx guys thats helped me  :)

I dont have a clue where im gona find thethousands i need for it :( i only work in retail lol! just bought a brand new car which i am paying for (only reason i bought it is because every used car i ever got blew up) so looks like i'm gona have these for a good while yet. Oh well docs on friday will ahve to see what happens.

Thx again!

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Went to the docs on friday and the person i saw said exactly what ppl said on here about getting the operation on the nhs.

She took all my notes down about it though... saying it has altered my posture i can never go topless on holiday etc... hate walking around in t shirts etc etc etc. She also said she will talk to one of the doctors and see what else could be put down to give me a better chance of the operation.

I won't be expecting to get it on the nhs, but if miraculously it did go through is it a fairly starightforward operation... would results be as good as private...? I assume they would be but feel i need to ask the question lol.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
my advice here would be that on the nhs even though it may be free or at a reduce cost you don't have much say to which surgeon will be performing the surgery (i think!), however privately i would say as you are paying for it you can do your research and choose your surgeon, look at their past work,etc. you basically have more say. However saying this, there is no guarantee to the outcome either way, there is a risk in every surgery for the final outcome.

I with the nhs you would have to go chronic and say that it has been making you depressed, so they put you on anti-depressants, etc. Its quite long winding and you will probably have to exaggerate id say.

Give it a shot down the NHS route,if not then you will always have the private option

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Yeh thx for advice m8 :) i will see what happens with nhs but i do want rid of these vile things!! even though i have no idea where to get money from im gona have to lol!

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Quick update.

Having a blood test done on monday (thyroid) what will they be able to tell from this????

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I imagine they are just wanting to do a full endocrine work-up on you, and checking your thyroid gland is part of that.  But, as you suspect, I wouldn't think the thyroid, per se, would have much to do with your gynecomastia. 

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
my advice here would be that on the nhs even though it may be free or at a reduce cost you don't have much say to which surgeon will be performing the surgery (i think!), however privately i would say as you are paying for it you can do your research and choose your surgeon, look at their past work,etc. you basically have more say. However saying this, there is no guarantee to the outcome either way, there is a risk in every surgery for the final outcome.

I with the nhs you would have to go chronic and say that it has been making you depressed, so they put you on anti-depressants, etc. Its quite long winding and you will probably have to exaggerate id say.

Give it a shot down the NHS route,if not then you will always have the private option

Yes this is the ONLY way to go as regards the uk nhs, play the "depressed" card fully.
 I say this even tho I am actually not in favour of cosmetic surgery for people on the nhs.( except in the case of badly burned/ accident injured) This is a marvellous system we have in uk but it is badly abused to the detriment of people who have SEROUS life threatening conditions!
The media have a lot to answer for these days. >:(

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
you have it but it's not that big. You could still hide it..

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Disagree with that lol... its very noticable when i wear any t shirts

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Disagree with that lol... its very noticable when i wear any t shirts

so how do you hide it??  ???

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Well at work i constantly wear a jacket over my shirt which i'm not supposed to... If i get so hot that i have to take it off i will constantly have my arms folded over my chest, and walk with a hunch to make it less apparent... Could i hide it if i went swimming or on holiday on the beach etc???

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
Well at work i constantly wear a jacket over my shirt which i'm not supposed to... If i get so hot that i have to take it off i will constantly have my arms folded over my chest, and walk with a hunch to make it less apparent... Could i hide it if i went swimming or on holiday on the beach etc???

well i don't know. If you could take those criticisms form other people then feel free to show in on the beach dude. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024