Author Topic: Op in the morning cant wait!!!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
I posted my pics and a brief story a couple of weeks ago. I went to see my surgeon on the nhs on tuesday. I was lucky that he had a cancelation and i am having the op two days later 2morow thursday the 22nd of july. Because it was short notice i was taken to have my pre op on the same day i went to see the surgeon. Im really nervous but excited at the same time. I cannot believe how quick i am having surgery from going to see my GP in less than 6 weeks!!!! Pics will follow i am staying in overnight but when im home il post some pics

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
best of luck. Hope it all goes well for you!

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member

Offline thetodd

Dont worry youl remember saying hello to the anaesthetist, and waking up to see a hospital nurse checking you over. Youl have no memory of the operation apart from the injection from anaesthetist i can remember him saying "all done!" and me goin are you gna do a count ..... bang asleep.

and thats it. surgery over! Wheel you into your room have food and drinks and eventually leave at 5ish there's nothing to worry about its weird being in a hospital enviroment and having to walk out a bit worse for wear, but youl never any of those people again so darn um ;)
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
There keeping me in overnight they hav already said that. My beds made lol

Offline kingboob

Good luck, you will be fine!  :)

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
good luck! I must say u r very lucky. I have my last nhs consultation in 3weeks and they have done nothing but chat sh%t. They gave me tamoxifen 6mnths ago for 3 mnths. When i went back for check-up after 3months they told me the glands shrunk thanks to tamoxifen. I felt so amused as i didnt put any tamoxifen in my mouth the whole period and i still have the tamoxifen. I was simply testing the doctor which was consultant breast surgeon.  

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
op done in so much pain, dontg no were to start. hope i get better soon from what i can see hes done a great job

Offline kingboob

It is not normal to be in a lot of pain, but a little bit of discomfort is normal.   Take whatever pain killers you have been given or send a family member off to the chemists for some co-codamol if needed.

The first 2 or 3 days are the most difficult..... still doped up from all the drugs they give you and generally feeling nasty, it soon passes.

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
Thanks i hope so. I cant wait to be able to put my own socks and top on, at the moment i can work but feel completely paralased when i try anything else

Offline thetodd

Cmon man your "nearliverpool" most scousers i know have several stab wounds ;)

yeah it is normal to feel discomfort but not extreme pain. You wont have mobility ... its normal just rest it was painfull for me when they gave me a food on a try and i had to move my arms about. Forget what they say about "only take the painkillers if ya need it" cause your going to need it. Co-Coldamol is a great painkiller but it does give you constipation so expect to take a painfull crap in a few days

Dont test yourself, just relax  you gotta leave all that padding on for 24 hours anyway

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
LOL im not from liverpool i hate scousers, just put that as my username so people know were abouts i had the operation.

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Hi mate any news on the after results??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024