Author Topic: Gym after Karidis surgery  (Read 2109 times)

Offline med51

• Posting Member
Hi all

Am due to have surgery later this week, and wonder how fast you reckon I could get back to the gym. I am doing cross trainer, and weights (both free and machines). Would getting back after two weeks be unrealistic?

I woudl be very interested in hearing your experiences.

Once again, many thanks for any tips!

Offline thetodd

i doubt ull wana, you wont be doing weights even light ones! i think i waited till 3/4 weeks

Go back when you feel like your ready and ease yourself into it its down to personal preference, dont focus to much on gym work focus on eating healthily and massaging because they are the most important steps in recovery

Good luck!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline ineedhelp

• Posting Member
todd is right, about 4 weeks i say. the first week you will be doing a bit of healing. the next week you notice day by day that your movement in your arms gets better. i mean, its not like you cant move them the first few days, just that you can feel a pull. i went to work 2 days after mine. it did not stop me doing anything nor did i think about it too much but i would not want to train on that. after around 4 weeks, you start to feel almost a 100% again. but take your time, whats the point in rushing. ease your way back in to it and only go back to the gym when your ready. i started off with some light press ups and when i felt more or less completely healed, went back to the gym. you will feel a few pulls but thats only natural. massage well, eat well and train well (when your ready!).

Offline med51

• Posting Member
Thanks for this. I asked Karidis about this specifically on the day of the operation. He said that nothing I could do in the gym would affect the outcome of the operation, and suggested that going back to the gym after two weeks and take it slowly, as far as I am comfortable witrh, would be absolutely fine. This is what I intend to do. If all goes well, I am going to the gym next week (ie two weeks after surgery) and doing cross trainer and lower body, and then, gradually ease into the rest of the exercises. A few other guys who have posted here did this, and suggested that it all worked fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024