Author Topic: My Secret Body - Is gynecomastia ruining your life?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Maverick TV

Is gynecomastia ruining your life?

Are you hiding a physical problem beneath your clothes which is destroying your self confidence?
Do you want to do something about it? 

A brand new TV series wants to hear from you if you'd like to be considered for consultation, advice and possible treatment of your secret body issue. From excess skin to male breasts, extreme body hair to male or female baldness.

Please E-mail t.davda@mavericktv.co.uk or call 0207 874 6667

Offline thetodd

This could be a good way for lads who cant afford surgery to get it! Although its a tottally different programme they produce "Embarrassing Bodies" who have actually featured A Karidis before. Unfortunately i haven't seen any good focus on gynecomastia at all in that programme and the only surgery Ive seen performed had pretty bad results in my eyes! If you do decide to go on this programme insist that you have either Alexis Karidis or Paul Levick!

Id also bare in mind that this will be watched by a lot of people! I always say never tell anyone about the operation but very close family if they absolutely need to know, never tell your mates. Because once it airs trust me you'll always be referred to as "the lad who had his breasts zapped on telly". Seriously consider this if you apply for the programme with YouTube itl be a permanent reminder unfortunately! Have a look at this video (and more importantly the comments)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o21WkICxnvs

http://www.youtube.com/user/Martinbarkerstylings

Think about this VERY carefully!
-Todd
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Thetodd makes good points. These days with the internet you have to think about what you chose to disclose depending on how comfortable you are with your body.

I'm going to be one of those people who only tell 1 or 2 people, get it done, and forget about it.

Offline kingboob

This could be a good way for lads who cant afford surgery to get it! Although its a tottally different programme they produce "Embarrassing Bodies" who have actually featured A Karidis before. Unfortunately i haven't seen any good focus on gynecomastia at all in that programme and the only surgery Ive seen performed had pretty bad results in my eyes! If you do decide to go on this programme insist that you have either Alexis Karidis or Paul Levick!

Id also bare in mind that this will be watched by a lot of people! I always say never tell anyone about the operation but very close family if they absolutely need to know, never tell your mates. Because once it airs trust me you'll always be referred to as "the lad who had his breasts zapped on telly". Seriously consider this if you apply for the programme with YouTube itl be a permanent reminder unfortunately! Have a look at this video (and more importantly the comments)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o21WkICxnvs

http://www.youtube.com/user/Martinbarkerstylings

Think about this VERY carefully!
-Todd

I love the b******s that female doctor talks about his moobs should just 'settle down' and 'go away' after puberty.......... I mean how old is that guy... 17 - 19?       They ain't going nowhere unless somebody cuts or sucks them out surgically.   Where does she think the gland tissue is going to go? 

I was overweight and had moobs by the age of 7 or 8.. not small ones either.  Doctors & Family always said 'puppy fat'  it will drop off when I hit puberty and the moobs will disappear too....... bullsh1t!.   I ended up massively obese because of the moobs.......... low self-esteem and self confidence as a youngster leading to more overeating>bigger moobs>lower self-esteem as I got older...............you get the picture, basically a vicious circle.   Looking back at some family holiday photos, it is obvious to me now that even by the age of 10 I was only ever going to get rid of the problem via radical surgery with skin excisions.

Idiots like this female doctor need to stop putting the myth out there that moobs just disappear for all after pubery or with excessive exercise - for some guys they do but for many they do not....   and if they don't the psychological damage is HUGE.... infact even if they do the psychological is huge because you spend all your teenage and young adult years feeling like a total freak.

I also think they need to be a lot more careful when investigating the causes of moobs - I believe in my case there was an underlying problem which wasn't diagnosed until I was in my 20s.... could have been picked up a lot sooner had anyone bothered to look.

/End rant/

On another note,  I don't understand how these people can be so embarrassed by their bodies but then still go on national TV and expose the problem to millions of people?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024