Author Topic: Surgery by Karidis (7/4/11) (with pics)  (Read 6127 times)

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Hi guys.

After more than 12 years of puffy nipples (I am 25), I finally booked and completed my operation with Dr. Karidis, motivated by the positive feedback I have seen in these boards.

The staff was very polite and helpful and everything went smoothly, from the moment I entered the hospital till the moment I left. No side effects from anaesthesia, no fever, no headaches and virtually no pain.

I left the hospital the same day in order to move to a hotel nearby (Danubius), as my flat building in central London would not be as clean as a hotel.

Today I had my first shower and my first look on my chest. It's indeed very flat and I can't see any bruising, but the nipple and the surrounding area feels numb, I could barely feel anything when I replaced the plasters. Creasing was also minimal from the start. Is that normal?

Apart from that, the chest looks a bit too flat compared to my stomach but I guess it's too early to judge. I guess that I'll also have to build some muscle as soon as I recover completely...

As for my stats, I am 179 cm tall and I weight 75kg. Dr. Karidis removed 250ml fat and 11gr of gland from each side.

So in conclusion, it was much easier and painless than I expected but I am a bit worried that I don't really feel anything around my nipples.

One day pre-op.

Post-op pics will follow soon.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Hey Vintage and well done for getting it sorted.

What was your stay in the Danubius like? My operation with Karidis was on Tuesday and I stayed at the Crown Moran hotel which is a £12 cab ride from the hospital. For a 4 star hotel it was awful! I could have stayed at the Danubius for not much extra.

Yes, it's normal for the area around the nipples to be numb so don't worry. You were lucky not to have any bruising. I had a ton as you can see from my pics: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22901.0

So how do you feel now the whole thing's over?

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Hello and thanks!

Danubius is OK, not great but I can't really complain about anything apart from the internet access and food prices.

Did you also feel numb? How long did it last? I really dislike that feeling  :-\

Additionally the past few hours my armpits are starting to feel irritated, probably because of the vest. Did you manage to keep the plasters completely sealed in that area?

Generally I feel great but also a bit scared because I'm flatter than I expected, I honestly want to work hard to gain a muscular chest.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
The Danubius looks so good on the internet! lol

TBH mate I still feel numb around the nipple area and I'm 4 days post-op. I have no idea when or if feeling will return. I'm not sure I care TBH; it's just such a nice feeling knowing that the ***s are gone!

As for the plasters, no, I didn't manage to keep them sealed and that's why I took all my plasters off. For some reason the armpit plasters didn't want to stay on! Make sure you keep the incision sites clean (perhaps with diluted dettol) and you should be ok.

The general advice is to make sure the incisions sites are covered with a dressing. But if they are not, DON'T WORRY! If there is blood or ooze coming from one of the sites, go to the doctor and have it dressed by a nurse.

I took my dressing off after 2 days and have had no problems.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Hope its gone well for you mate, look forward to seeing your results.

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Sorry for the delay guys, here are some pics from day 6! What do you think?  :)

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Sorry for the delay guys, here are some pics from day 6! What do you think?  :)

Absolutely brilliant mate! I bet you are really happy with it?

You have bruising in the same place I do lol.

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the result, though I feel that I really have to hit the gym as soon as I recover.  ;)

As for the bruise, it appeared 2 days after the operation and I really don't understand why we all tend to have it around there...  ??? it looks too far to be trauma from the cannula!

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
I've got the bruising in the same area, all a part of the surgery I guess.

Should go away soon enough.

I'm dying to get back into the gym, got a lot to catch up on and now have extra motivation to cut weight.

Summer is coming!! :)

Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Looking great mate !! bet u are well chuffed.
Flat as a pancake. keep us updated on the recovery.

Offline thetodd

You cant ask for better than that really, totally flat!

Top result
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
You cant ask for better than that really, totally flat!

Top result

;D ;D

How long do you think it will take till I'll be able to start lifting weights? I'm happy with Karidis' job but not the rest of my body, I want to train hard :P

The reason I didn't train before the surgery is that I didn't want to build pecs and push the gland even more out! (plus it would have looked silly to be fit with moobs!) :-\

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
How long do you think it will take till I'll be able to start lifting weights?

Good question. I feel really skinny now that I haven't been lifting weights for a couple of weeks.

The reason I didn't train before the surgery is that I didn't want to build pecs and push the gland even more out! (plus it would have looked silly to be fit with moobs!) :-\

Same here! A few years back I really got into doing bench-presses and found that my growing pecs made the moobs look even bigger. Recently I've just been doing exercises, like barbell curls, which don't build up the pecs. Cannot friggin' wait to start getting toned for... wait for it...

... The BEACH!  :D

Offline vintage

• Posting Member
Hi guys. I needed to travel by plane yesterday so I had to carry my suitcase which was a bit heavy.

I didn't find it hard at all but a few minutes after the plane took off, I felt pain and since then, I feel more sore on my right side, on a rib about 4cm under the nipple. The area became also a bit swollen and the "bump" feels hard.

Should i worry or it will just heal itself as well? Everything went so damn smooth before this event... :-\
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:24:49 PM by vintage »

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Hi guys. I needed to travel by plane yesterday and I had to carry my suitcase which was a bit heavy.

I didn't find it hard at all but some minutes after the plane took off, I felt pain and since then, I feel more sore on my right side, on a rib about 5cm under the nipple. The area is also a bit swollen and the "bump" feels hard.

Should it worry or it will just heal itself as well? Everything went so damn smooth before this event... :-\

I've been getting exactly the same but under the left nipple. Feels like a sharp needle-like pain on the rib, at the point of the incision. Not only that but the nipple has sunk inwards slightly.

I think this type of thing is normal TBH, but if you're in doubt see a doctor.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024