Author Topic: Blimey that hurt! NHS! all done now.  (Read 2720 times)

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
Crikey this hurts!
went in Sunday night and was released yesterday.
The NHS were fantastic, the nurses were hot as well!.
They did use Lipo, they injected some liquid that breaks all the tissue down then suck it all out. The consultant said i was not very servere so they would treat this way.
They put a small incision on both nipples and then surgically lipoed?? out around the nipple, then a small incision either side of my chesty armpit area to use the more conventional way of lipo for the fat removal.
Feel pretty uncomfortable atm.
Getting wacked on pain killers and also very fed up of living on me back.
Im strapped with a massive elastoplast and a whoopin great uber tubo grip.
Chest feels flat as a pancake underneath, they said they removed about 200 whatever each side.
I feel damn good regardless of the pain because even though it may not turn out to be perfect i know that there will be a difference. I will never be able to afford the 3.5 k for private and feel as though the NHS were awsome.
Went to Russels Hall hospital in the Midlands and my consultant was a dude call MR Humzah.
Went through me gp first who said there is no way the NHS will do it,...well he can kiss my arse... ;)
;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:48:55 PM by megocorp »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
etc.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Excellent stuff .. well done mate.  Please keep us posted.  The more news we have of NHS surgeons doing the job the better.  There are so many sufferers who can’t afford to go private.  If there are a number of NHS surgeons who have done a good job, then we can go to our GPs and get a referral to one of them.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Megocorp,

How is it going mate?  It must be a couple of weeks since your op.  You are one of the few who recently used the NHS and it would be of great interest to the rest of us who either can’t, or won’t pay for private surgery, to know how you are getting on.  The more we know about which NHS surgeons can do this procedure the better.  If there are one or two who seem to be good at it then I shall be onto my GP for a referral like a shot.

Offline megocorp

• Posting Member
Yeah hi.
Pretty good now still on with the pain killers. still hurts and is swollen. aint got any compression on it.
Looks damn fine if i may say so, the lady says it is miles better and looks dead flat.
Alway had a problem of looking at myself and seeing myself in the  :-/ mirror if you know what i mean probably a weight consious thing.
My missus is a theatre nurse so knows about swelling and bruising and the lumps i feel are just bruising.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024