Author Topic: Getting the money together...  (Read 4281 times)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I'm really struggling to get the money together for an operation - I need it badly and it's affecting me so much...as daft and stupid as I know it sounds it makes me feel suicidal.

I just want to be able to wear t-shirts and normal clothes without having to hunch over or hide away - comments that people make cut so deep.

I'm trying my best to save but it's going to take forever...so annoying and frustrating.
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Hey you're not alone man. I was in the exact same situation so ended up explaining everything to my old man and borrowed the money from him.
Have you thought about explaining your situation to a relative and seeing if they can help you out?

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Hey Kieran,

Similar here really... Been wanting this for many years like most others... Try putting some spare bits and bobs on eBay or car boot sales - that's what I'm doing. Sounds kinda silly, but it's surprising how it adds up (and what people will buy!)... and getting a few pounds together, even when there's still a long way to go, really makes it feel like you're on the road to somewhere :)

Good luck!

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
How about a bank loan or family loan?

I think Dr. Karidis office does financing but you will need to check with them.

All up I've spent close to £4500 including surgery, hotels, food, petrol etc.

Well worth it, start seriously saving now might not be as soon as you want but you will get there.

Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Hey you're not alone man. I was in the exact same situation so ended up explaining everything to my old man and borrowed the money from him.
Have you thought about explaining your situation to a relative and seeing if they can help you out?

I have, yeah. Wish it was as simple as that - they know all about it (my parents) but they can't afford to help me out either...

Just becoming increasingly frustrated and annoyed at it all - I just want to be able to get on with my life now...

:(

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
How about a bank loan or family loan?

I think Dr. Karidis office does financing but you will need to check with them.

All up I've spent close to £4500 including surgery, hotels, food, petrol etc.

Well worth it, start seriously saving now might not be as soon as you want but you will get there.

The bank won't lend me the money - I have no problems with my credit history but I'm guessing it's because of how things are at the moment...

Just wish I could win the lotto or one of my daft £1 football accumulators I put on each week...lol.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
The bank won't lend me the money - I have no problems with my credit history but I'm guessing it's because of how things are at the moment...

Just wish I could win the lotto or one of my daft £1 football accumulators I put on each week...lol.

I had the same problem as you with the poor credit history or I would have had the operation done years ago. I was feeling suicidal about the gyne and recently considered taking my own life, so I plucked up the courage to ask for a loan from my elderly father (which I felt awful about). Getting the operation done will be the best money you ever spent and worth every penny.

Can you not borrow even some of the money from your friends or family? Even £500 or £1000 would help speed things up. Tell them you have felt suicidal maybe?

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
I told my family Over the last couple of days exactly how I've been feeling and they are going to try there best to sort something out.

It's a step in the right direction but still a long way to go...I'd love to tell one of my better off mates but could only see it being spread about or something...

I definitely don't want that...

Loan sharks aren't an option either no matter how desperate I am...

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
I told my family Over the last couple of days exactly how I've been feeling and they are going to try there best to sort something out.

That's awesome mate. I hope you get this sorted out sooner rather than later. You're right to go private BTW and Karidis is definitely the man. The NHS will likely take a very long time to make a decision and will probably turn you down. Even if they accepted you, you'd likely only get lipo. What's needed is lipo AND excision on the breast tissue.

Best of luck with the financing.

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Potential news on the financing of the op...

My girlfriend has decided to help me out and is willing to take out a loan (which has been approved in principal)

Should find out in the next couple of days if it's going to go through or not...I'm so nervous.

One quick question about the actual moobs though - mine are fairly big (in my opinion) and right by my armpits there seems to be a bit where it folds over and sticks out a bit...hard to explain without a pic - would he get rid of that as part of it all?

Offline shiftend

• Posting Member
Thats great news mate. Fingers crossed for you. Probably best to ask the surgeon that one I would have thought.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Fantastic I hope it goes through for you.

Like shiftend says, you'll have to ask Karidis, but what he does in most operations is remove most of the breast tissue and fat from the entire chest area and then compress the skin towards the ribcage. It sounds like it will probably be dealt with during the surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024