Author Topic: 1.5 Years after NHS, Karidis Op done: 04/06/11 - *Pics Pg.5*  (Read 33074 times)

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Sup guys,

Some of you may remember me, had an op on the NHS back in December 2009.. Almost a year and a half later, here I am. Was never satisfied with the result from the word go, and although things have improved since, there's still residual gland. Still can't feel comfortable in just a t-shirt, still wearing a compression top under 90% of things. Discovered today I can get a loan for the majority of the money for surgery, and can raise the rest by other means, so I'm considering finally getting it done with Karidis so I can hopefully be rid of this problem and get on with my life. Just took some pics to show you where it's at now.

Main issues/concerns:
- Remaining gland
- Slight 'dent' in outer side of left areola, can't really see it in the pictures, I'd guess it's due to an imbalance of remaining gland/fat causing the part with less to dip in?
- Crease on right nipple - will removing the remaining gland fix this? Hard to tell why it's there. I also feel the remaining gland/fat is preventing the skin on my chest tightening up, hence the saggy appearance illustrated in one of the pictures when sat down.

Nipples were slightly decreased in size where it's cold, so tbh it doesn't look at its worst here but should give you a good idea, always seems to look most god awful very first thing in the morning after waking up. What do you think guys, can Karidis help me reach a better looking chest? Will removing the remaining glands allow my nipples to stay at a smaller more normal size, similar to when they're stimulated (or have recently been?)

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:34:28 AM by wantridofgyno17 »

Offline thetodd

Im not sure what he'l perform

realistically i think youl need an aerola reduction tbh, im not sure about the sagging skin im not sure if youd need some sort of skin reduction. Best thing you can do it to book in for a consultation and get his opinion once youve had the consult there is no time limit untill you book a surgery date
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I had a consultation with him last year some time, can't remember when exactly, he said he'd do a regular excision and lypo, going to ring monday and see if they'd charge me for a second consultation, hopefully not!

Offline thetodd

Id ask him how much itl shrink your nipples by, beside the sagging skin your chest doesnt actually look to bad but i think its the size of your aerola's thatl both you

you wont need another consultation, id just sent him an email with this thread to show him what it looks like now

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I've sent him an email about it with a link to this thread using the contact form on his website, hopefully that'll reach him successfully and he'll be able to feedback to me his thoughts about this!

In the very last pic (bottom right) where my nipples have shrunk slightly, I think they look fine. It's just when they're in their largest state that they look worse! It's hard to know whether it's caused by gland or what really?

Offline kingboob

Hi, to be honest your results don't look too bad in the last picture you posted.

You aerolas do look slightly bigger than average but not freakishly large IMO....   The problem is I'm not sure how much they would shrink just by removing further fat or gland (not that it looks like you have much remaining).   My own aerolas are even larger than yours and so I can appreciate the embarrasment.....  however the advice I was given was to not get a reduction because  A) the scarring all the way around the aerola could be really obvious and B) there is a small but significant risk of losing blood supply and having part of the nipple/aerola die off.... making things a whole lot worse.

The fold under the pec looks like a bit of excess fat or loose skin (caused by being overweight & having saggy moobs pre-op)...... excess fat can obviously be lipo'd out.....  for a mild amount of loose skin I'm not sure there is not much they can do that would leave an acceptable result really (think scarring).

Given the fact that you almost certainly have a mix of scar tissue, remaining fat, gland and slack skin, I think you need to think carefully before going ahead with any surgery.  Get a very clear understanding of what you want changed (i.e. is it mainly areola size?) and what *results* the surgeon is actually offering.   Otherwise I think you could end up spending a lot of £££ and still being unhappy..

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Tbh the last picture is a 'good' picture as they go, even I think my chest looks fair in that one but that's not a realistic representation of it imo!

In honesty, having a flat/normally contoured chest is the main thing, if the areolas were to reduce in size that'd be a + but if they didn't it wouldn't be the end of the world. The main is I want the normal contour and to lose the creasing/saggy appearance caused by the remaining gland I believe. Behind both nipples I can pinch hard lumps, the one of the left seems to be bigger and thicker, but there's something there on both sides. If I hunch forward to let them 'sag' and then pinch the nipple, the immediate thing you grab is the hard fibrous lumps, which is why I believe it's this causing the chest to sag. Karidis did comment when I went to see him last year that the scar tissue was already very soft (this was ~8-10 months post-op) so I don't believe there's to much of an issue with scar tissue in my case.

The other option is going to Poland, namely with --. Seems they have some positive feedback in the 'Europe' section of the board and obviously the cost there is around half of that it is over here..

Offline kingboob

The other option is going to Poland, namely with --. Seems they have some positive feedback in the 'Europe' section of the board and obviously the cost there is around half of that it is over here..

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Going to Poland or wherever is fine until something goes wrong.... a bad anesthetic reaction, bleeding post op or some other rare complication. Plus you don't know how experienced the surgeon is... getting a good result from a revision is more diffcult I would imagine.        Lots of guys went to Poland a few years back and the results were hit and miss to say the least.

IMO you should stick with the well known UK providers.  

Also, if your last consult was 10 months ago then you should definately have another before turning up for an op...... I worry that you are not going to get the result you want / get ripped off if you don't get an experienced opinion on what is possible and say in the UK.   (I'm not sure removing more tissue will reduce sag / loose skin).

Offline glinja

• Silver Member
  • bi lateral aggressive lipo done on NHS 16/06/04
Hi, I've not posted on here for a few yrs!
I too had an nhs op back in 04, and although the results
allowed me freedom of clothes, I was never 100% happy with the result.
Your photos are a very mild case of what I had left!
Most of my lard is under the armpits.
I had vaser lipo 2yrs ago, but tbh was little better :(
I've just had an op with Dr. Karidis a week ago, and already the results are excellent !
He even did my double chin for free, as the amount of fat I had left required 2 area costing!
My total for the op was over 5k, but I've been waiting yrs for this op, and finally had the funds.
I will try to post pix if I get chance.
Regards
Glenn

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Congratulations Glinja, be very interested to see pictures!

With regards to Poland, one thing that is unsettling me is the price. I asked about the price recently as I've been emailing them and was quoted £1950 for excision+lypo, which is higher than the usual cost because it's a "re-operation". I asked why the price is higher and they said because of the increased risks.. Not really sure how that justifys a higher price for a procedure that I Imagine will otherwise be entirely the same as a first time procedure? One thing that attracted me to Poland was the low cost, and that I could probably afford it without any loan etc, so this possibly changes that now anyway.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Okay after some consideration I think I'm writing off the Poland idea again, I always told myself if I EVER get it done again, it'd be with the man himself, Karidis. If I were to spend £2.5k going to Poland and got an unsatisfactory result, I'd be gutted. I know there's no guarantee even Karidis can give me the result I'm after, but at least I'll know that I put myself in the right hands and that the result is the best possible result attainable - that mental comfort will help no end.

Sadly havn't heard back from Karidis yet, think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see what they say, whether or not they think I should have another consultation and also whether or not he'll charge for this.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Okay so I'm booked in to have a second consultation next Wednesday with Dr. Karidis, don't have to pay the fee again as it's a one off thing. She said I didn't have to see him again if I didn't feel the need to, but I figure I may as well go and see him one more time and just see what he thinks about what he can do for me etc, especially as the area has healed more so since the last time I saw him (last July). He'd be able to do it on the 12th of July, which suits me time wise.

Total cost £4173, bloods I think I will get done by my doctor as that saves £130!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Think you have made a good decision, get it sorted out once and for all by Karidis.
Don't think you will look back tbh.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Think you have made a good decision, get it sorted out once and for all by Karidis.
Don't think you will look back tbh.

Thanks, me too! End of the day, I'm not happy as I am, this affects my life day in day out, and I'm sick of it. I'm 19, you get one shot in life, so for the sake of money I'd rather try and and hopefully be happy, than just leave it and never try. Just want to be free of this, and get on with life! Can't imagine how good it'll feel to put on a thin white t-shirt, or walk around in my gym vest after the gym and not have to worry about how my chest looks. I just wish I was having the operation tomorrow tbh!  :P

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Just took some more pics to try and show the protrusion it causes etc, last 2 pictures are with my areolas smaller after touching them, would *hope* that they looked closer to that post-op once all the gland and crap has been removed from behind them, but who knows. Flat chest is the main thing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024