Author Topic: Operation with Karidis 12/7/11 + pics  (Read 13231 times)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
I have the consultation booked in a few days, so not much to report on now, but hopefully I can discuss with Dr. Karidis and just see how bad my case is. I am really nervous, as he will be the FIRST person I have ever told in real life about my gyne, and I hear so many people complain about unsympathetic or horrible surgeons, but I am sure he won't be like this. I will also be staying in a self catering apartment in London so will be staying a few days after just to make the folks think I'm away on business, so will need to piss around for a few days. Will try not to spend too much money on female company  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:43:12 PM by pharmerjoe »

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Great news bud, Dr. Karidis was great when I saw him. The contrast to Dr. Karidis and the senior NHS surgeon I saw was huge, he was so positive and reassuring and is very experienced in this area so you have nothing to worry about dude. From the before and after cases he showed me he has successfully dealt with some really bad cases and they have turned out great. I'm sure you'll feel better getting it off your chest (no pun intended) and finally speaking to someone about it.

There are very few friends I have told and even the close friends I have told just think I have a lump in my chest and its not breast related, I think thats the thing I find most embarrassed about telling people.

Good luck and keep us posted, oh and have fun in London. The hospital is right near abbey road studios and near the famous zebra crossing thats on the front of a beatles album, lots of photo opportunities! I was nervous about going into the hospital so I walked right passed it and down there, ha ha.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Great news fella, hope everything goes well.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
thanks a lot guys. Out of interest, how long will the consultation last? I've also booked in for a blood test at St Johns, so how long roughly you think I'll be there for?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
thanks a lot guys. Out of interest, how long will the consultation last? I've also booked in for a blood test at St Johns, so how long roughly you think I'll be there for?

45min max. You will go to the front desk, sign a form out and then wait to see Karidis. After a chat with him about how long you have had Gyne, he will ask to see your chest then show you similiar surgery results. Then you will talk price ect. Then you will have a blood test and book a date for surgery with payment.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Ok, went to see Karidis today. Had to fill out some forms, leave deposit and even got the blood test there and then just to get it out the way. The actual consultation was very quick, and as far as he was concerned very straightforward, will be no complications. He was very helpful and friendly as well. I've confirmed the surgery for 12th July, and paid 1k in advance. The rest needs to be given at least 15 days before surgery, and they emailed me some cancellation policy form which apparently needs to be sent in within 7 days from now I think? so keep an eye out for that. Saw another asian guy there, who was also seeing Karidis, and very nervous looking like myself, so assume he was also there for chest reduction. 
Only thing about my case is there is quite a fair amount of gland tissue there, and I'm going to have to keep that garment on for 3-4 weeks after surgery. However, he said I should be ok to work within few days, but no driving until 5-6 days after surgery. And he said there is nothing I could do which could undo or damage the work he will do, lifting a heavy item is ok if I can manage it with no pain, so that allays my fears there.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Best of luck mate, you're gonna be fine  :)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Your up and running mate. All the best. ;D

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
roughly 1 week away from surgery!! Any nuggets of info for the lead up to and night before surgery?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Not really mate just all the best. Its a lonely road at first but after the first few days it gets easier. Just stay strong and positive through this experience.

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Awesome news mate, not long now! As for advice dude, I don't think I can give any apart from just think of being moob free afterwards. It was a strange and uncomfortable experience but definitely not traumatic or overly painful so I think you will be just fine. We're here for support if you need it duderino :-D

Offline swguy

• Posting Member
will you be putting up pre and post op pictures matey?

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
yeah will do probably the night before, and night of the surgery, just to show an accurate  before/after.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
 Is there something else that can be done to reduce the swelling during recovery with some sort of medicine or vitamins or something? I've got surgery on Tuesday, and I'm absolutely shitting myself, also considering I have less than 2 weeks after the op and have to come back home, and pretend to family that nothing has happened.

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Not that I'm aware of dude, I'd probably avoid taking anything before the surgery anyway just in case. Just focus on drinking plenty of fluids after the surgery, take the arnica and get plenty of pineapple in you, it's supposed to help with swelling. For me, it was only the first 4 or 5 days that I felt I couldn't move about normally and didn't feel like I could appear like nothing had happened.

I think you'll be fine dude, the worst thing for me at the moment is just trying to make sure my vest isn't noticed and no one has and I've been wearing it for over 2 weeks now.

Stay positive buddy :-)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024