Author Topic: Booked with Karadis for August PICS ADDED  (Read 14949 times)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Pre Op

Post Op Day 2

2 months post op

the room

looking good :b

super cool socks!

menu

nice view

Hello all! :)
So I've booked myself in with Karadis for the 16th of August, 5 weeks before I start uni, but as Chopper has told me this is ample time to start drinking and partying! :)
I paid the deposit today. The nurses were friendly and Karadis seemed very pleasant and professional. The hospital was much bigger than I thought it would be because of the all the different departments and things. I was pretty nervous when I was there but also kind of excited about the whole thing!

It's a lot of money and I'm starting to realise that things are going to very tight for uni, but I believe it will be worth it. I would rather be skint and happy and confident than having money behind me but hating the way i look. But this has been a difficult decision because I've been in debt for quite a few years and only just paid it off about 6 months ago, and my credit cards will have taken a pounding again :( I hate that I have to pay so much money for something most people don't have to worry about, but i'm also grateful that the procedure is available, and I believe that being able to put a t-shirt on and feel great about it is a feeling that won't ever leave me and not many people will understand!

A few months after the procedure I'm going to hit the gym hard and hopefully this time next year I will have a body I am truly proud of :)

I have a pretty mild case compared to some others on here but the impact on my life has been significant. I would love to be able to just put a t-shirt on and walk outside/go to work/university without feeling self concious and hopefully in a few weeks this will be the case!!!

I will update as I go but will be pretty slow because my surgery isn't for 4 weeks but I just wanted to get this thread started now :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:24:03 PM by bomberman »
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
nice one man, good luck with it. hope all goes well :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
You will not look back!! You also have very mild gyne so I think you will have a great result. good luck with everything, not that you will need it at all

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Cheers man if it turns out anything like yours it will definitely be worth the money! :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Update: Just had my blood test done at my local hospital, they had to double check with the lab because all I had was a letter signed by Karidis with the tests required, and not the official blood test form. They were really helpful and agreed to the do the test, they also said they would fax the results to the st johns hospital as well!
Very happy about this because it's saved me £137 plus another trip to London! :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Update: just paid the hospital fees so everything is paid for now, all I have to do is wait for the surgery in 8 days!
Kind of a pointless update but I am just so excited to get this done and get on with my life. I bought an awesome t-shirt from topman the other day, light colour, nice and thin, I can't wait to wear it and not have to worry about these little pointy bits! :D
I am a bit nervous as well though but I just try not to think about it haha

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
wish i was only 8 days away, bet you're buzzing :D
i've bought aload of those thin t-shirts from topman aswell! got them stored in a cupboard for what i call "my collection" haha
keep us updated :)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers sawyer! definitely buzzing but also nervous, especially with all these riots in london, i hope they dont affect anything >:(
when's your surgery booked for dude?

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
yeah, they should of hopefully stopped by then :)
i've got another 6 months of saving before i book, but i'm going with karidis, around feb/march time :) threads like these inspire me to keep saving

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Just had a call from one of the nurses (forgotten her name, too excited haha) and she just gave me some last information for my procedure tomorrow, I was getting the coach up and back to save money but decided train would be better (so im £108 lighter but it will be quicker and more comfortable) the nurse advised me to get a taxi from the hospital to paddington instead of the tube, is this a good idea? did anyone get the tube? was it that bad?
gotta stop eating and drinking at midnight so gonna have a big meal at 8 in the evening or something

its technically my last day on earth with these pointy bits and moobs that have completely destroyed my confidence for years, that caused me to agonize over which t shirts to wear and choose thick dark ones and wear hoodies and not even try to pick up girls, i am going to take my credit card to topman in a week or so and buy 5 or 6 lush t shirts and have them all hanging in my wardrobe so i can just pick them off casually and put them on and feel great, (im so fucking excited, people without gyne just have no idea) im now fucked financially but totally worth it (i said to myself get the procedure done and worry about the money later)
gotta get up at 5 50 tomorrow and get a taxi to the station (not too early compared to some ive read on here)

any last minute advice from anyone would be great but if not see you on the other side! ;D

Offline 2B||!2B

• Posting Member
Best of luck dude!

All going well I'll be joining you on the "other side" this thursday! :D

For now, totally forget about money, do whats best for you, you'll never regret it!

As everyone with gyne knows, there are more important things in life than money :)

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I was going to get a taxi from StJohns to Waterloo but it was 4pm roughly by the time they said I could go and when I phoned the taxi company I asked them roughly how long it would take and the cost of a taxi. It was roughly 45 minutes and it was about £30.
SOD THAT, i got up and walked and got the underground and was at Waterloo 15 minutes later and paid about £2.50. Money wasn't just the object, but also time too in rush hour.

Pick up some chewing gum, it helped me with dry mouth first thing in the morning as you can't even have water :(

1 thing I wished I had done was take some photos of me in a t-shirt that was well fitted and one that I would never of dreamt of leaving the house in for fear of my moobs being on full display. Get some photos of you in a nice top with your moobs ruining the photo and then in a couple of months when all the swelling is down, take another photo and stick them up for comparison?

Enjoy your last day with them, by this time tomorrow they will be in a bin somewhere in london! :)

Offline scuba

• Posting Member
i got the tube to london victoria. I was also advised to get a taxi, however i was feeling GREAT after the op.

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers for the replies guys, i'll remember to pick up some chewing gum and i think i'll avoid the taxi, it's only 3 stops from st johns to paddington i think, and should be out before rush hour
been spending some quality time with my moobs today squeezing and poking, looking in the mirror haha, can't wait for them to be cut/sucked out so i can get on with my life! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024