Author Topic: Cancel Spire off to SingleBerg Clinic Belgium  (Read 2262 times)

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Following my quote from Spire which was nearly £4000, I've looked into Surgery abroad and i'm now very interested in having the surgery done at the SingleBerg Clinic in Belgium, near Antwerp. The cost is £1600-2100, for Lipo & Gland removal. Surgeon is Dr. Oelbrandt, GMC registered (have checked the GMC website), seems pretty legit operates at the clinic or local Belgium NHS Hospital, depending on the procedure and they have offices in UK for consoltation. The bonus for me here is the justification of spending the money as missus loves saving/hates spending but will be convinced it's a good idea as we'll visit Antwerp for a few days for her birthday too before op ;D + the Eurostar is down the road from where we live. Comments/advice welcome cheers all.

Offline Alan_Sats

• Posting Member
Hi jim2509,been reading the boards for a while and can't say I have come across the SingleBerg Clinic. Is the £2100 quoted definitely in sterling or euros and also does it include all the hospital, anaesthetist fees etc.. or simply for the surgery? 

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Hi, the price is £1600-£2100 for gland and Lipo as far as i'm aware. I'm going to have a consultation asap as the surgeon Dr. Oelbrandt does his appointments in London which helps. Once i've had the meeting i'll post the answers to the many qustions i'll be throwing at him before i part with my hard earned dosh, which is fair i think. I've done some digging and Dr. Oelbrandt seems to be a very well though of plastic surgeon with bucket loads of experience and the clincher for me is that he's on the GMC registar too. My mate is off to a the Yorkshire Clinic in Bradford and it's costing him £3800, he's having it done in august so i'll relay his experiences on here too post op.

Offline properanon78

• Posting Member
Yeah, keep us all posted . sounds interesting!

What date is your consultation?

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Funny you should ask, I was just saying to the missus today, I need to arange it for next month, as i'm restricted on my leave dates (feb/march) so want to make sure he can fit me in for the OP then. I will update as soon as I have date for consultation. My mate in Bradford is having to wait for his op until Oct 11, which has pissed him off. I also had it confirmed in an email from Spire (BUPA) that the £3900 DOESN'T cover Gland removal, that's an added cost...er no thanks am def off to The SingleBerg Clinic. Have had to remind my mate that he double checks that his quoted £3800 price INCLUDES Gland removal, he's gonna double check, he going to The Yorkshire Clinic..don't know if they are any good??

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024