Author Topic: My Gyno story with pics and a few questions.  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Hi guys, I am 21 years old and have had gyno since I was about 12. My case is quite mild compared to what I have seen on here but it is a problem that needs to be fixed none the less.
I am constantly looking down at my chest to see if my nipples are poking out of my t-shire and I am extremely self-conscious of it. I hate taking my t shirt off on holiday and at school used to get teased a little about it too.
When it started and I was 12 I had really big hard disk type lumps behind my nipples that were tender and a bit painful. When I was 20 these things recurred and have since gone. My left side is slightly worse than my right side.
As of right now I cannot afford surgery but after reading through this forum I have decided I will not be happy with my body until I get the surgery and fix it. I am already set on Dr. Karidis and am saving up for the surgery already, the only downside is its going to take about a year to save up. It is easier to save the money because I live with my parents but this surgery is going to slow down my moving out plans with my girlfriend quite a bit but I think she understands.
My mum on the other hand doesn’t and thinks that my gyno is not that bad and getting surgery is a waste of money. She doesn’t understand how embarrassing having gyno is and how much it can affect one’s life.
I have took some photos for you guys, I would like to know if you had my case would you get on with life or get the surgery? Also being only 21 is there a chance this could go away on its own? I was told that it would when it first happened back when I was 12 but I have pretty much lost all hope in that pipe dream.
I am 6ft 1" tall and weigh 165 pounds. I have been going to the gym lifting weights for a month now and am aiming to drop a lot of body fat until I get a ripped look with my abs popping out :D I should get there in a year ready for my surgery haha.
Anyway here are the pictures

This is a front short, it doesnt look too bad but you can really tell from the side or looking down from above.

Close up from front.

Side view.

Close up from side.

And finally this the lovely view people get when i lean over to pick something up off the floor.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Yes, you definitely have some breast tissue there, and it's pretty prominent.  You're obviously not overweight, and since you've had it for so long, it's most likely there to stay until it's surgically removed.  You're probably going to find that it will look worse as you work out and reduce body fat and build up your pec muscles.  The increased muscle bulk will just push it out further.

If you are avoiding situations where you would have to be shirtless in public (pool, beach, etc.) then you should have the surgery done.  To me, that's the litmus test.  If the gynecomastia is affecting your everyday life in that way, it's worth it to have the surgery.  I've had numerous patients who were grown, married with kids, and they'd never gone swimming with their kids.  Pretty sad.

You should ask your mom (mum?)  ;) to spend a little time on this site, so she can appreciate what you and other guys like you are going through.

Good luck - and keep saving your money!

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
I think mine was similar severity to your case and I decided enough was enough and surgery was the only option. My parent's didn't really understand but it wasn't their call at the end of the day and it was my money to spend. I'm so glad I've had it done, I can now happily wear tight tops and have my top off with no worries of gyne.

I wouldn't worry about it delaying your moving out, even if it delays it a year its worth it since you'll have all the time in the world to enjoy your new flat chest afterwards :-)

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Your story is really similar to mine.
Definitely save for a year, then move with your girlfriend etc.. I did it the hard way, moved in to a flat for 3 years.. now I'm back at my parent's house saving.
It'll be a long year saving.. but just imagine not having to worry about the way you look, or the clothes you're wearing all the time.
I'm nearly 2 months into my 6 month save, and it's going good so far. Keep us updated on your situation :)

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Hey guys thanks for the replys, started saving up now its going to take a while but it will be 100% worth it in the end. Its going to take longer than i thought because now i have to save up for a trip to vegas and a trip to mexico lol (both would be more enjoyable after the surgery and not before) but oh well. I just ordered a few compression vests to wear under my daily clothes. They are just normal looking black and white vests but ones that are extra tight around the chest from ebay at £20 each.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Knowing how I feel now, I would cancel Mexico and Las Vegas and go after I had been operated on because having been to both countries already, I would love to go back now and catch the rays without a set of moobs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024