Author Topic: 8th November Op date with Karidis ( NEW PICS )  (Read 10795 times)

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi all, just want to say a big thanks to all the people on this site who have spent time uploading op pics and logging down all their experiences.
Its helped me so much and kind of put my mind at rest that I'm not some vain selfish person spending a big chunk of money on myself ( instead of wife & kids etc ) on what is effectively cosmetic surgery.
Its given me the courage to have a consultation and actually discuss my gyne with someone for the 1st time ( Dr. Karidis ).
Had consultation in September and am going for the op on 8th November, to save money I went down from Northwest on Megabus, thats an experience I wouldn't do again in a hurry !!! Bus was packed and took nearly 6hrs to reach London and similar on return. Bloody cheap though £14 for a return ticket.
Have booked 1st class return train ticket for after the op, think they said it takes about 2 1/2 hrs and will also use the tube this time which I am not that familiar with so will have to read up on which to catch, last thing I want to be is late as from what I have read on here he seems to have a bit of a production line going on.
Karidis or Levick was the big question, Levick was closer but Karidis just felt right for me.
Will be travelling down alone which is just how things have worked out , mainly down to me not wanting anyone to know about the op bar my wife who says I look great how I am but is behind me 100%. ( love her to bits !!! )
I am going to upload before and after pics and would appreciate all comments and advise from anyone who has made the trek down from north/west and come back straight after the op, roll on next Tues !!!!

p.s. wish it was all done and I was 2months on !!!!    

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:24:15 PM by Mickydubs »

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member

Offline thetodd

Im a bit concerned about the day of your op, i think theyl get you in very early i got in at like 8am from what i remember see what the earliest train is you can catch

The tube is fsat, but it can be a nightmare on the weekdays and when you come out after the op itl be rush hour and honestly the tube is REALLY bad on rush hour id reccomend getting a cab to euston.

If i was in your shoes right now, id be travelling down on the 7th and staying in a hotel overnight trains are fast but delays are always to be expected.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi thetodd,
I'm only due to book in at 10 and my train is due in at Euston at 7.57  so hoping I've got plenty of time.
Said earliest I will leave hospital is 6pm and my train leaves at 9.10pm so will have a bit of time to kill, this I'm a bit unsure of because not sure I'll feel like Xmas shopping !!!
Really don't know how I'll feel to be honest, hopefully not to bad. Will the tubes be quiet at this time ?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Good luck buddy! I had a 2.5 hr journey like you do and had to get up at stupid o'clock to make it all happen. I was having fits the night before the op preying I wouldn't be a lazy bastard and sleep through the 2 alarm clocks. i thought about it so much I got a shitty nights sleep in lol

The tube is a doddle. Travel light, you don't need a spare change of clothes, or anything for that matter. I had bank card, train tickets and my phone and took a couple of bottles of drink in with me. Get some bubble gum for the morning of the trip as you are not allowed water or food and you will have a rotten mouth by the time you get to London and have been breathing in all that London smog lol

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Thanks chopper kind of feel a bit better now, do you think I'll struggle killing the few hours after the op or should I have booked to stay over?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Stay in the nice private hospital bed you are paying for up until about 30 minutes before your tube leaves and then check out. Thats what I did. I felt great, the drugs were in full effect still by that point, the next day I felt like I had been operated on. You will probably feel very protective of your chest and people bumping it, but you will probably feel quite happy walking around.
If you need to kill a couple of hours, just get to Waterloo or Paddington and get into one of the pubs, grab a table with a chair, have a few soft drinks and read away until your train comes.

1st class is deffo the way to do it!  ;D

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Cheers mate, have took some before pics and will post them, is it a piece of cake to do? Have taken them on my iPhone got them on a file, think I need to shrink them somehow?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Go to the appstore and download "photobucket"

You will set up a photobucket account and from there you just post the [img] URL it gives you into your post and after you post it the photo will be up :)

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Soz everyone, I'm no David Baily these are very crappy pictures but Gyne seems to show up pretty well on large pic.
Hopefully this time tues will be home and dry, Gyne free !!!!!!! :)

Offline thetodd

Youl be ok then, that is a late time for admission

get tubemap for the iPhone from what i remember it plans the route for you. Theres only two lines you need to travel on, once you get into euston and get a ticket it shouldnt take more than 25 mins.

if you have time to kill, you could get a cab theyl pick you up from the hospital and youl ride in comfort and not have to plan owt.

its really easy and youve got loads of time whatever method you chose.

Offline neil195

• Posting Member
Hey Mickey, best of luck with the op! I'm sure it'll go great got mine tomorrow and I'm absolutely bricking it. :-\

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Just had phone call from Jasmine at Karidis office
Said because I'm only due in to my room at 10.30 tomorro I was ok to have a light breakfast at around 6am,
piece of toast with jam on and tea or coffee with no milk. ( strictly no dairy products ! )
Might be able to get this on the train as it leaves at 5.30 and is included in the 1st class anyway, who knows food might be the last thing on my mind tommoro morn.

p.s. glad everything went well Neil your now on that long road to recovery that everyone has told us about  :)

Offline neil195

• Posting Member
Cheers dude, good luck for tomorrow!!

Markito

Mickydubs,

Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow. It is exciting and you will be back to yourself in no time with a huge boost in self esteem and confidence. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I love the results and feel great.

All the Best

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024