Author Topic: Go with Levick now or wait till summer and go to Karidis? (pics)  (Read 7340 times)

Offline NeedToLoseWeight

• Posting Member
Hello lads long time no see.

Last I posted I was trying to lose weight and save up money for the operation. Well, I've lost quite a bit of weight and have saved up £4k for the surgery, which is enough for Dr Levick but I feel like if I've come this far I might as well go with the surgeon that everyone here has had amazing success with, which seems to be Dr. Karidis. I know Dr Levick is a brilliant surgeon as well but it seems that 90% of the people who've posted here have gone with Dr. Karidis and have had their lives changed. I have the money now for Dr Levick but I also have a LOT of workload for uni this year and I'm not sure if I can cope with surgery and the work, but I also want the moobs gone ASAP. By the time summer comes I'm 100% certain I'll have the money for Dr. Karidis but since I'm at uni now and I'm only 20 mins from Dr Levick and away from mum, who I want to hide this from, should I just get it and deal with whatever afterwards? Or should I wait until the summer and get it done when I go back home to London?

If I get it in the summer I can also just chill for 6 weeks afterwards with food cooked, laundry done, etc. for me and not having to worry about uni work or anything at all tbh. But Dr Levick is also cheaper and since my GP won't do blood tests, I'd have to pay quite a bit for those as well. Also since I've lost weight I've noticed my hips stick out a LOT. I posted pics on another forum and they said its because of a lack of muscle, which I'll be working on after the op, but I can feel quite a bit of fat there as well. Should I get Lipo there as well since it'll be be cheap apparently? The only way I can afford Lipo is if it's only an extra £1k and it's with Dr Levick, in the summer right before I go home so I can hide it for the first few days while I'm at uni. This actually seems like the best option right now because I can get rid of that fat and the moobs at the same time and just start fresh and hit the gym hard without worrying about anything.

I've emailed both of their teams and have asked them to take a look at this thread so hopefully they can look at the pictures and clarify a few things for me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:50:19 PM by NeedToLoseWeight »

Offline NeedToLoseWeight

• Posting Member
This is how bad it was a few months ago:

This is me now, picture taken 5 minutes ago. I highlighted the hips/love handles area because I really want to get some opinions on it. Is that from a lack of muscle mass or just my bone structure?:

In both of those pictures I'm purposely letting my stomach hang out. Right now if I suck my belly in I can see my rib bones. Also I weight around 62kg and I'm around 5 ft 9, so I shouldn't be fat at all.

This is how I look from the back. I think I'm actually just as self conscious about the fat on my lower back as I am with my moobs. No man should have those curves :(

In this pic I'm stretching my skin/fat around the front to show my hip bones. As you can see they're too wide and this is probably how I'd look if I got the lipo. But is that how it's always going to look or will it look better after I build some muscle? For some reason I have very low natural muscle mass for a male.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:47:57 PM by NeedToLoseWeight »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Hi.

If I were you i'd focus on dropping further weight to improve the appearance of your love handles. There arn't really muscles in that area you can work out. But it seems to be a popular place for the body to store body fat. Being realistic, your probably in the 16-20% bodyfat range. You'd be surprised how different your hips will look after a perfectly clean diet and regular cardio. But that just my opinion. With that said, you do look much better so well done mate. At the end of the day were our own worst critics, I don't think your love handles look that bad.

For the gyne, i'd suggest yes surgery is the way forward for a better chest, as for the surgeon its a personal choice so go with what your gut tells you. I'm in a similar position to yourself, I can't decide either Levick Or Karadis.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Unfortunately, the width of your waist/hips is purely genetics. Please don't take offence, you appear to have slighty wide hips, high bodyfat percentage and low muscle mass. This is what is giving you this current look.
I wouldn't recommend you pay money to have this 'corrected' as this isn't a problem you can't solve yourself. (I also don't believe removing fat from the hips will improve it much)

In terms of aesthetics, you need to create a shoulder to waist ratio which will give you the 'v taper'; this looks more 'masculine'. If you increase your muscle mass and then reduce your bodyfat percentage, it will greatly improve things.  To do this, start lifting weights and alter your diet. (I'd recommend you go to bodybuilding.com where you will find all the information you need. Drop me a PM if you need any help)

Offline thetodd

definatley got excess fat on your flanks/stomach, but i think you lose the majority of it

Id reccomend going to Karidis, for a few hundred quid extra its really worth it! It is about building a V taper with your back but its not impossible.

I know your at uni so the best thing you can do is learn how to cook some healthy meals, do some walking and running and buy yourself a pullup bar. Pullups are on of the best excercises for the back and is dead easy to do at home.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

I have lost a lot of weight in the past and the one area I still hate is my hip area.  I've had a bit of lipo there but honestly it made only a small difference, in some ways it is worse because I now get swelling in that area at random times. So, I'm not sure lipo is necessarily the  quick fix you are after, it may make a difference but probably not as much as you would like.

I think the only reliable way to sort it is to lose more weight and tone up really. (not something I have managed in the last few years unfortunately).

You are what bodybuilders call 'skinny-fat', which basically means you are slim and of normal weight, it is just that you have too much fat making up that body weight and not enough muscle. The only real way to correct it is with better diet and more working out. (much easier said than done I know).

I like Levick but your best bet is to get consults with both sugeons and go with the one you like best.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I would get your hormone levels profiled, get your testosterone and estrogen looked over with a simple blood test before you decide which Doctor you are going to see and what you are going to get done. Tell your doctor you can't get an erection easily and have very bad memory and feel lethargic and that someone suggested getting your hormones checked and they should do it for free at your GP's.

My guess is you might have low testosterone going on your body composition and shape, meaning you will have a harder time then most obtaining the body you want if a flat chest is not the only thing you want. Fat is usually stored in the hip area, around the chest and top of the legs (like where women store it )

Rather then spending thousands and always being unhappy, at least you could understand your body and how best to work with what you have. "Every action has a reaction" and sucking fat cells out of one area i think means other areas are susceptible to higher fat storage.

Good luck with everything mate

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024