Author Topic: Looking to book with Karadis, Just a few questions???  (Read 1613 times)

Mike99

Hi guys I'm planning on booking soon with Dr. Karadis and just would like to know a few things.

Firstly, what bloods need to be done? If you guys could tell me I could just go to my docs and get them done and have them handy for the consultation.

Secondly, does Karadis supply you with a compression vest and how many? If it's just one where can I get an extra one from?

And lastly, what are the best things to take post-op? I've read pineapple is good for healing. Is that the juice form or the fruit? And also arnica? Where can I get that from? Is there anything else you guys might recommend?

I just want to set everything up before hand ready for the whole journey.

Thanks for reading guys please do reply.

Offline badger

• Posting Member
Bloods they needed from me were:

Full Blood Count
Urea & Electrolytes
COAG Screen

You'll wake up from the operation with a compression vest on, then you get given an extra one later on in the day.

Karidis sends you a bag of arnica tablets in the information package you get through the post after your consultation.

Bromelain is the enzyme in pineapple which is good for reducing inflammation after surgery. You're not going to get very much of it from eating pineapple or drinking the juice so it's best to buy tablets.

As for what else is good for post op, from my experience, dosages per day:

Bromelain 1500 mg
Vitamin C 2000 - 3000 mg
Vitamin A 10, 000iu
Zinc 50 mg
Glutamine powder 10 g
Arginine powder 10 g

At least that's what I'm taking now and what I've taken after a past operation which I healed quicker than expected from.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024