Author Topic: Consultation booked finally!!  (Read 1414 times)

Mike99

Plucked up the courage finally to go for a consultation.

Does anyone know the waiting time for surgery after consultation? I was hoping to get it done early January or would I have to wait longer?

This forum has helped me a great deal so a big thanks again to all the guys here posting their experiences and advices.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Way to go Mike99!  It took me YEARS to do the same thing.  I had a really hard time talking to my wife (of 10 years) about it.  It's not like I could hide the surgery from her though right!?  LOL!  Anyhow, once I did, she was really supportive and told me to go for it.  Boy, I can't tell you how much weight that took off my shoulders.  So I went ahead and made the consultation call, just like you.  Once you are on the path, it doesn't take long at all.  On average, I think the normal wait time is 3 to 4 weeks from the date of consultation.  Now of course, that will likely vary from doctor to doctor depending on how busy they are.  But after you decide to go ahead with the surgery, there is a bunch of stuff you will likely need to do that will take a bit of time (eg. blood work, physical etc.).  My physical (from my family doctor) couldn't be scheduled in for a couple of weeks after the consultation.  I believe that all the pre op stuff needs to be done a minimum of 2 weeks before surgery, but I could be wrong.  Anyhow, all that stuff factors into the wait time, so unless your PS is super busy, I think 3 - 4 weeks is pretty typical.  Good luck!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024