Author Topic: gyno surgery  (Read 1429 times)

Offline bradley00

hey i want to get my gyno sorted i have roughly £1500 and thinking of getting it done next winter does anyone know where to go, who to speak to, good docs and how much?..

i been to docs and he tells me to lose another half a stone and he will refer me but when reading peoples storys online it seems like they never do anything even though he is going to refer me the doc i get refered to may turn aroung and say no,, do you think its a good sign he wants to refer me or do all docs refer you? 

thanks alot :P

Offline bigmoobs

• Posting Member
Bradley
I got referred twice by my doctor 1st time in 2008 when they agreed to do the op on one side.
by 2010 i needed an op on the other side so went back to my doc who referred me again.
Most docs will refer you if they think it can be sorted & its causing you distress but to be honest its the nhs that make the decision 7 they will give any little excuse not to do for you, if there is a way to get out of doing it they will.
Had mine done private with levick & he also took out a load of gland from the side nhs had done years earlier.
Id say give it a go & try on the nhs if moneys tight but dont expect the results like you'd get private because you are just a number on the nhs.
Good luck geting it sorted :)

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
I've seen one NHS surgeon, who was a breast surgeon recommended by my GP and one private surgeon.

The NHS surgeon was very friendly but indirectly suggested I didnt need anything done. He also said my condition was caused by a concave chest bone. I'm completely unqualified but I knew he was wrong.

Whereas the private surgeon (Dr. Karidis) knew exactly what he was looking for and performs this operation hundreds of times per year. Totally reassuring.

Generally, I think people choose a private surgeon due to greater expertise and experience and choose the NHS purely for cost.

From reading this forum it seems there are two big dogs in the UK: Dr Levick (Birmingham) and Dr. Karidis (London). I think both charge around £4,000.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024