Author Topic: had enough  (Read 1951 times)

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
I'm getting really frustrated with this condition now. really want the op so it looks like im gonna have to take out a loan, i tried saving but it just isnt happening quick enough!
what should i say what the money is for when i apply for a loan?

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
I've done that too. Only needed £1'500 though.

You should do it in person. The guy I spoke too was like "Got some serious shopping to do have you!?" Whilst filling in the form lol. I didn't realise it'd be so easy. So long as you're clean, you'll get it. Don't do it if your job isn't secure either.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
cheers for the reply mate. will a student loan affect my chances do u think? im not earning enough to start paying it back yet. i booked a week off work at the end of march just incase i get the money and can have the op then. might not have the full £4000 loan though, maybe just half of it.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
You'll need 3 months proof of income, not sure if that affects your situation.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
If you are applying through a high street bank, your ability to get  loan depends on your current account performance (inflow/outflows), You'll have a better chance of being accepted by your own bank where you hold your current account, than applying with a supermarket etc, as they only lend to super prime customers. If you are paying back a student loan, the banks credit system will have calculated this as an outflow and this could possibly affect the decision. The best way is apply on-line as  most lenders won't assess your ability to afford the debt in addition to credit scoring.

I'm assuming that you are employment and over 18 you should be OK..  Don't worry about the loan purpose - it's not even used in credit scoring, just say your buying a car or something.  Alternatively, you could pay by credit card ( most plastic surgeons accept these). It can be easier sometimes to get a credit card than a loan, although you'll pay more interest overall.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
thanks for your help guys, you've been great!

its only a small step but ive booked just over a week off work at the end of march just incase i get lucky with getting a loan. if there are no dates available for my operation at that time my annual leave for this year can be booked from april so thats good.

my income will be increasing shortly due to being on emergency tax and being put on shifts and nights, so hopefully this will persuade the bank to dish out the money!

I'll keep you all updated. I'm hoping to go with Levick by the way!

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
also, how long do u think i should stay away from the gym for?
i have a minor case of gynecomastia but im hoping i can keep it secret from my gym buddy, so dont want to be off too long.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
The hospital instructions say 10-14 days. But I still don't think lifting/pulling is wise, doesn't feel too safe. Almost but not quite. Work your legs though, you'll be fine. I played a football match 10 days post op with the compression vest on and felt fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024