Author Topic: 14 months after surgery it seems to be returning - considering Tamoxifen - PICS  (Read 3792 times)

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
Not been on here for a while, I had extraction surgery in December 2010 and results were great apart from a slight crease in the right nipple but it was massive improvement so I felt happy with it.

For about a week now I've noticed the crease seems to be improving but sadly it's because of the familiar tenderness and small 'lumps' which seem to be expanding. At the moment they are very small and have not made any difference to the shape of my chest but as last time I ended up with puffy nips and hard tissue I wish to stop it in these early stages before it is any worse.

I've read that Tamoxifen can help with early stages of gyno whilst it is still 'growing' and the tender painful feeling is there. I would not consider it further down the line as I know surgery is the only answer once it's turned hard and fibrous but think as it's very early days it could be worth a go.

Anyone got any info/experience of similar thing?  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:58:53 AM by p4ul83 »

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Hi Mate,
when you say you had extraction surgery, do you mean you had the glands taken. was lipo done too?

could it be that you are mistaking the formation of scar tissue with fibrous breast tissue?  Either way, i doubt if tamoxifen will. It never did for me.  I also tried letro.

Are you taking any steroids or smoking the grass or anything?

Also, I would have thought that a whole year would have been enough for everything to settle down.
who did you have you surgery with?

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
Like ZM said. There must be a hormonal imbalance for the gyno to come back again. Why not go to your GP and get blood tests done. They'll be able to inform you of your oestrogen/testosterone damages. Who did you have surgery with? Why not go back and have an ultrasound scan to find out what it is?

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
Thanks guys, I had extraction without lipo as to be fair I'm not really overweight being 6' 1" and around 14 stone so it was just the gland. It was done by Dr Levik of Harley Medical Group.

No steroids or weed etc, I'm pretty sure it's not scar tissue as it's certainly more tender to touch than it has been since the op. Despite having had the op I'm certainly no expert on gyno but it does seem strange to be fine for 14 months and then to reoccur. With a hormone imbalance I would have thought it would have been evident much sooner?

Can't think of any lifestyle changes i.e diet or even stress that could be considered a trigger for it so I'm at a loss really but it does look like a trip to the docs  :(

Has anybody else noticed changes or pain/tenderness this long after the operation?     

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
*I meant to say Dr Mallik of Harley Medical Group*

Offline zm

• Silver Member

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Get onto the doctor that did it and get his opinion and get down to your GP and get them to test your hormones to put your mind at rest?
You know your own body better then anyone else, so don't let them mug you off, get to the bottom of it ASAP

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member

Offline zm

• Silver Member
hey Paul,
Was your left nipple slighly lower before surgery?

It's very hard to make out what the problem could be but in my opinion it does seem fat which may have been the result of calorie intake. My sincere apologies if this offends as it's not way my intention.

I would say hit the gym hard, at least cardio 3 times a week with a clean diet.  give yourself at least 3-6 months and see where it takes you.

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
To be fair the pic is a bit deceptive it's always been slightly lower but not as much as it looks there.

No offence taken mate, diet has not been great and certainly need to get in shape a bit more. I've got to have a knee op soon for 2 torn ligaments so exercise has been out of the question for 6 months :-(  Plan is to hit the weights but lighter with more reps and try and get some definition in the upper body then once knee is recovered I can resume normal cardio and football etc.

Decided if it gets noticeably worse i.e I notice any of the 'lumps' growing I'll get to the docs. Thanks for taking a look and it's always good to get others opinions.

Hows the recovery going?

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Recovery is going well...hard scar tissue everywhere...im' only wearing the compressioon garment during the day time now.  was going to gym yesterday but i thought it's best if i wait another week.

also, picture number 2 that you uploaded worries me...who's c*ck is that...lolz...

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
Nice one, I wore it for most of the time but in the end I got a tight compression t-shirt from asda (not sure if they still do them) and I used to wear that under normal clothes once I didn't need the vest as it was much more comfortable.

I think or at least really hope it's the case on my phone - otherwise I have some f**cked up ghosts at my house lol

Offline p4ul83

• Posting Member
Just a quick update - I didn't go docs and the chest is no longer tender and nothing has got worse so really happy to be back to normal now. So anybody who notices any tenderness or feels like its returning after 12-14 months don't worry as it could be normal and goes away in a few weeks on its own. Best advice is to do some cardio and hit the weights when ready after surgery, ive been a bit lazy until now but after some training i look and feel much better.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024