Author Topic: Surgery in Belgium next Thursday, what's best for bruising/scars etc?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Am off to Belgium for my Gnyo surgery on Thursday next week (hurray at last), I've chosen Belgium because of the lower cost(£2000), although not because of the lower standard or professionalism of the surgeon I've chosen, he is fully registered with the Belgian and British General Medical Councils and is a member of the Belgian Royal Society of Plastic Surgeons,very experienced with a top reputation, so am pretty happy with that + he's a decent bloke from what I've seen from our conversations/meetings.

I've got my two under armour vest tops, some Bio Oil, Vit E Cream, and am wondering if it's worth getting some Arnica Oil for bruising? Also I'm pretty sure the procedure is going to be under Twilight Sedation + Local anaesthetic, has anyone had this, if so what was it like?

At the moment I'm pretty calm about the whole thing which is a bonus.I'm also going to post pre-op & post-op pics plus my overall experience, so to help those on here who maybe can't afford the average UK price of £4500 +.

Offline Dracksus

• Posting Member
Good luck mate - let us know how it goes over in Belgium - with good results it might help out the people who can't afford the higher prices!

As for the Arnica Oil, I guess it maybe depends on whether you get arnica pills or not - but I suppose it couldn't do any harm to get both.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Cheers mate thanks for your support,

It's been a long time coming, I can't wait, I'll buy the Arnica pills, already have some Bio Oil, so hopefully all bases covered. If my experience can help anyone on here who's suffering with the dreaded Gyno then am happy with that.

Am looking forward to doing a big post when I get back (next Sunday)on it with all pics included :).

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Plenty of evidence to suggest that arnica does nothing. Good diet, lots of water and painkillers and you'll be fine.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024