Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)  (Read 12216 times)

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)
OK guys, 9 days or so left until my surgery with Dr. Karidis. I'm freaking out a bit, mainly over the GA. I've read things about people waking up in surgery and not being able to move or say anything, but being completely aware, and since a loss of control is personally a big problem for me........... oh i am probably freaking out over nothing. Judging by stories on here, its more like falling asleep for a second and waking up a new man.

I'm going to upload some before pics. As you can see I have probably got a moderate case of gyne. It is significantly worse than some of the cases on here, but not as bad as others. Your opinions are welcome. in fact, im curious to hear your opinions, as I really havn't shown anyone like this before :S Tell me if you think i'll get a good result.

My background: I just turned 24, and i've been living with this nonsense since I was about 14. Its just been a nightmare to be honest. Whilst I got pretty good at hiding it, this affliction has always stopped me from becoming a happy person (general confidence, confidence with women, awkwardness, etc). I have basically gotten to the point in life where I am finally happy with myself as a person, my looks (other than chest), my relationships, etc. I just need to get this sorted, and I really want a good result. I don't want any sign that I ever had this.

Oh and also, i'm English but will be flying in to the country to get this surgery as I am temporarily living abroad. Flying back a few days after, hope i'll be okay! If anyone can recommend some good (cheap) hotels too that would be great. Staying with family/friends would mean I have to tell them a (probably dodgy sounding) lie about why I am wearing a corset. :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:33:29 AM by LondonGuy »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis in 9 days!! Pre-op pics included!
Don't worry about the GA, if problems were a common occurance nobody would go through with the op. All the best mate, look forward to your post op pics.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
You're going to get some sweet results mate! I think the severity of gyne is never really an issue, it's whether it's hitting your confidence. I would say mine is pretty mild, but it doesn't stop me from hiding behind thick t-shirts and avoiding toplessness like the plague.

I agree with you about GA, I've actually had it before when I was a lot younger but I don't remember it very well at all - only remember looking at my hand with a needle in it, seeing the colour turn milky and then waking up later on. I don't know about you, but the last few nights I've had some pretty lucid dreams about the whole thing!

Good luck buddy.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Day after tomorrow!! Its come along so fast! Tomorrow is such a hectic day, two job interviews, flying to London in evening, straight to hotel, up early for op, two more interviews in london following op (if i feel up to it, i guess)... so much will have changed by next week!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Excited for you mate! Let us know how it goes, also good luck with the interviews - especially the ones post op, you might be so ecstatic that you end up nailing them :D

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Excited for you mate! Let us know how it goes, also good luck with the interviews - especially the ones post op, you might be so ecstatic that you end up nailing them :D

Thanks mate! A matter of hours now and to be honest I'm feeling sick with nerves. Bloody tired as well, can't have slept more than 3 hours. Looking forward to a decent sleep post op, hopefully... Trying to keep my mind focused on the results, but since you never really know how they will be its not easy. I'm guessing they are used to dealing with patients with irrational fears, so fingers crossed all will be fine. AHHh!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis in TODAY!! Pre-op pics included!
Feel good?

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
awesome! all over now and... IM FREEEEEEEEEEE.... i think (haven't taken dressings off)

but wow what a surreal experience, literally feels like you're asleep 2 seconds. pain only 2-3 / 10.
bit tired/grogy so will write more detailed report after lunch! :D :D

hopefully results will be good!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Mad, must feel great :D How do you feel about going to those interviews??

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op and Post-op Pics!!
Wow, ok sorry it took so long to update. Its been a bit of a roller-coaster, not all good.

Had my surgery Thursday morning, and the procedure itself was no big deal. Over fast, lovely staff, painless straight after, etc. I was told to keep the vest on and not shower for 24/36 hours, so thats what I did. Went about my day, took it easy, made up some excuse for the vest about cracking a rib ;)

Last night however I took off the vest and dressings, and let me just say to all of you pre-op guys, be prepared and don't freak out. Everything can look very compacted and misshapen. Because of the tightness of the vest, and the large surgical gauze above each nipple area, it looked like I had two big indents. Needless to say the first thing in my head was "crater deformity". I almost fainted there and then.

Called the emergency number of the Karidis staff (this was after 10pm), and was reassured by Amy, who is really lovely and fantastic at her job. She booked me in this morning to see another nurse, Jasmine, who was also wonderful and informative in every possible way. It was all very reassuring. I guess I just wasn't prepared for exactly how strange things can look before healing, especially in the first days. She said it is definitely not a crater problem, just a standard reaction. Apparently as the skin shrinks it raises and fills out nicely, fingers crossed!

As you can see from the pics below, I had a slight allergic reaction to some of the bandage used initially (on top where its red). Also there has been a fair amount of oozing from both nipple incisions, something that I am told is again completely normal.

Its all so strange! My nipple seem tiny compared to before, which is great. And the incisions are tiny, I doubt they'll leave much of anything once healed! I'm still feeling a little unnerved at this point, so any comments on this or the pics would be appreciated!

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
more pics...

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)
looks great, definitely bruised and swollen but that's to be expected!  I had my surgery this past monday (june 25th) and can't believe how well I am doing just 5 days later.  I know what you mean when you say the experience is surreal, I keep thinking someone is going to be waking me up from this dream.  I first had surgery when I was 15, which seemed to be too young, as I went through puberty the gyno came back somewhat, so now being 29 and ideal weight, I knew it was time to get the revision surgery.  I think the worst part of the whole experience was the anticipation and anxiety before surgery, but as you said, I was put to sleep and it seemed like 5 minutes later I was waking up in the recovery room.  Anyways, sorry to ramble, but I think your results look great so far and I wish you the best in your recovery!    
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:18:50 PM by NO83 »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Congratulations. Nice and flat, i'm sure it'll heal up nicely for you.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Definitely looks a bit sore mate, but nice and flat too! From what I've read nearly everyone experiences doubt after the surgery - I would definitely wait it out and let your body do its thing.

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Quick up-date.

This is now 5 days post-op, and I think I'm seeing progress. Obviously its a slow process, and I've still got my fingers crossed because its still looking indented from some angels, though less that before.

Virtually  no pain, and walking around with a flat chest is great! It will take some getting used to.  As always, opinions on pics welcome! Would be particularly interested to hear any comments on people's experiences with indented shape that filled out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024