Author Topic: Amazing experience...Thank You Dr. Teitelbaum  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Posting Member
I never take the time to write online feedback about some kind of experience I had. I'm usually too busy or don't really care. But when I found a lump in my chest that turned out to be benign tissue that had hardened and the doctors recommended removal, I immediately thought about finding the best doctor for the job. I've had surgeries before and have a family of doctors, so I know the importance of finding someone who does the procedure on regular basis and is nothing less than an expert or authority in the field. I knew it would make the difference between unsightly aesthetic results and barely noticeable ones. So I started reading posts on this site for patient experiences with prominent physicians in town. I found some valuable info. It was stressful picking the right doc for the job. So stressful, in fact,  I decided to write this post for anybody stressed just as I was.

Here's the good news. Take a deep breath. There is nothing to worry about. I did the grunt work. After seeing handfuls of docs in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, I found one that made me feel like he wasn't trying sell me something. I could tell he was confident he could remove it and somehow improve the visual appearance of my chest with minimal risk and scarring. In the end, Dr. Teitelbaum was 100 percent right about that. The crazy part is my chest looks perfect and its only been two weeks post-op.

He had the all the right experience: Berkeley, UCLA, Harvard, USC...I was comfortable. When I combined his education with his 17 years of experience doing this particular procedure, I concluded that was enough time to perfect the ins and outs of a surgical procedure that can impact how you look on a daily basis for the rest of your life.

Its been two weeks since surgery and it looks like a million bucks. Procedure was painless and kind of fun. I feel sore from time to time but nothing fancy. I was shocked to see just how big the mass was after he removed it.

First-class service, attention, facility, staff, and follow-up care is all I received.

The vest he gives you after surgery works, but I recommend buying a 2XU compression shirt (doc said under armor is cool, but in my opinion these are better by far) . Its about 100$ plus shipping. Order it before surgery so you don't have to pay extra for overnight shipping like I did. Make sure you always wear it. Dont be a wimp about it and it will pay dividends. You really need about 3 or 4 of them if you don't want to have to constantly wash them.

I've been drinking lots of protein shakes and amino recovery drinks. I also take my vitamins and fish oil twice a day. Its week two and I have no problems on the stationary bike or even the step climber. The 2XU shirts have added chest protection and you can feel the difference. Healing is going so well that I feel no rush to get back into the gym. The last thing I want is a complication resulting from heavy lifting.

My final conclusion: Go see the doctor I just told you about for sure. I like surprises, but not when it comes to my physical appearance.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:10:28 AM by Clark Kent »

Offline Clark Kent

• Posting Member
I couldn't resist lifting weights yesterday. I kept it light and lifted 40% of what i normally do. It felt amazing. I was a bit sore afterwards but nothing that caused concern. Today marks the beginning of week four. I saw the doctor a few days ago. He looked at it and said, "Its going to look Perfect". The shape or contour has returned to normal and is now symmetrical with the other side. The scar is still healing gradually. Its noticeable at this stage, but I recognize the progress each day.

The hard part is just staying out of the sun until this scar is fully healed.

I notice a difference in the progress of my healing on days that I drink my amino recovery drink and take my supplements then on the days that I do not.

My chest is still sore. Im hoping it feels normal by next week.

Offline Clark Kent

• Posting Member
Day 26: I'm lifting heavier weights...Still no isolated chest exercises yet. I have a feeling I'll be able to soon though. I have to call the doctor today and ask him if any complications could arise from heavy lifting.

I'm only wearing my compression vest with a TopiFoam pad over the excision site at night when I'm sleeping. The area feels good. The soreness is gone. There is some pain and sensitivity when i push or poke the area where he operated, but i guess that is to be expected.

SO FAR SO GOOD

Offline Clark Kent

• Posting Member
No more compression. Its been almost 5 weeks. Had a hard workout yesterday and today. No swelling. Kind of sore. Lifting 90% of what I was before surgery.

Life is back to normal, only now everything is a lot better. I don't have pain in my chest anymore and I can barely tell I had any procedure at all. Its only week 5. I'm told that by month 3 -- what you see is what you get, basically. If that's the case, I'm super happy and impressed at week 5. 

I picked a good doctor. Having the procedure done was by the best decision I've made in years.

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Any pics? I would also like to know how long before heavy weights and i wonder about sports? Congrats  ;D

Offline Clark Kent

• Posting Member
I started lifting light weight week three. Heavier weights week four. and heavy weights this week (week five). When i asked the doctor about sports, he said he has professional athlete patients that go back to work by week three.

Ill send the pic privately but not publicly

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024