Author Topic: Consultation with Levick on 14/08/12 - Op carried out 23/08/12 - Recovery  (Read 9688 times)

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
I have my consultation booked on the 14/08/12.

My gyne has caused me enough grief, and I reached rock bottom this week, particularly this weekend.
I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the surgery without much discomfort. It just means the M3 I have wanted for a while will have to wait (the V8 would cost me way to much at £1.31/l anyway).

I have also requested that the surgery is performed as soon as possible post consultation.
I have had my bloods checked previously with no elevated levsl to be concerned about - apart from a previously known about and bizarre liver elevation that no-one can explain.

In the hope that my experience may help others I am going to try to produce a granular report of the entire process, start to finish, it painstaking detail.

One question for all you post-op people - is a week off work going to be enough for me? I travel frequently within the UK, but only have to carry a laptop and my job is not intensively physical.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:14:52 AM by fackste »

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
I have my consultation booked on the 14/08/12.

My gyne has caused me enough grief, and I reached rock bottom this week, particularly this weekend.
I am fortunate enough to be able to afford the surgery without much discomfort. It just means the M3 I have wanted for a while will have to wait (the V8 would cost me way to much at £1.31/l anyway).

I have also requested that the surgery is performed as soon as possible post consultation.
I have had my bloods checked previously with no elevated levsl to be concerned about - apart from a previously known about and bizarre liver elevation that no-one can explain.

In the hope that my experience may help others I am going to try to produce a granular report of the entire process, start to finish, it painstaking detail.

One question for all you post-op people - is a week off work going to be enough for me? I travel frequently within the UK, but only have to carry a laptop and my job is not intensively physical.

Congratulations on booking a consultation! Do you do any form of weightlifting? I'm not a doctor but weightlifting is known to raise the liver enzymes as well as a high fatty meal before tests.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I think a week off work if your job isn't manual will be fine. Thats what Gail Levick told me in an email conversation.

I haven't booked yet but am going to book over the next year. Gail told me it would be ok to book my consultation with surgery the next day, which is a relief as I have to travel from Scotland and would have to make two trips otherwise.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
I've heard the same thing - can definitely be back at an office job after a week.

Can I ask what the point is behind booking in a consultation the day before or very close to the surgery date? The consultation is there to help make your mind up right? And if you do decide against it, you've just lost your deposit (and in Karidis' case, your entire £4k!)
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I've heard the same thing - can definitely be back at an office job after a week.

Can I ask what the point is behind booking in a consultation the day before or very close to the surgery date? The consultation is there to help make your mind up right? And if you do decide against it, you've just lost your deposit (and in Karidis' case, your entire £4k!)

Like I stated, I'm not taking time off work and travelling all the way from Scotland to Birmingham for a half hour consultation. I'll go down for the consultation, stay at a hotel, surgery the next day. All in one trip.

The purpose of the consultation (for me) isn't to make up my mind, my mind is well and truly made up. It is rather to let Levick have a look at me and see what needs done.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
fackste, don't worry about that M3 , you will feel a million bucks without it when you see you don't have moobs to get you down anymore. It wont solve all your problems, but It will be a massive weight off your mind and will give you a better sense of satisfaction than any material goods will...

Best of luck with the surgery.

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Congrats on booking the surgery!  I took two weeks off of work, but I think you'll be ok.  It appears that you are just doing computer work, so as long as your job isn't too physcially demanding you should be fine.  It's wise to spend the money on the surgery over the m3.  Actually,  forget about the m3 all together!  It might put out 414hp and yes, it has a nice high revving  engine, but come on, 295lb ft of torque is pitiful for a v8!  You would have to spend another $7,000 on a supercharger and a tune to reach the full potential of that engine.  Ok, rant over, best of luck to you!

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
I've got a date of the 23rd for the actual surgery.

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
Consultation is on tuesday, funds are ready for the op on the 23rd.

Anyone got any questions that you feel I should ask to reassure myself this is the best thing to do?
What did you guys want to ask? I'm just looking to cover all bases so I don't have as much anxiety as I do right now about having the operation (I really want it to work but the risks are scary).

Thanks

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Well done on booking in mate. I've recently booked my surgery with Levick.

If you've done your research there's not really much more to ask, but for me it was a case of meeting Mr Levick to make sure I was comfortable with him doing it. It was good to see some before and after pictures that he shows you.

What particular risks are you worried about? Theres always risks with surgery but i'm sure its a minimal risk. Theres risks with everything in life!

Offline improving

• Silver Member
and if it makes you feel any better my integra type r has had to be put on hold lol! :)

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
What particular risks are you worried about? Theres always risks with surgery but i'm sure its a minimal risk. Theres risks with everything in life!

I'm bricking it about the GA, never had it before and it worries me more than anything else about the whole thing!

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
I was worried about the anesthesia as well and looking back, there was no point in worrying about it.  Surgery and anesthesia were the easy part!  Seriously, I don't even remember falling asleep.  I only remember laying down on the surgery bed, and it seemed like 5 minutes later I woke up from a satisfying nap (even though it was hours later).  No grogginess, no sedated feeling, just well rested.  I almost asked if surgery had even been done!  Don't worry about it (I know, easier said than done), it's wasted energy.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I've never had GA before but i'm not overly worried about that. You won't know about it anyway.

Things i'm not looking forward to are, having drains out, getting the dressing off a few days later, and not swelling up loads because some people are unlucky and have a lot of swelling and require it to be drained (quite rare though i think)

oh and sleeping post op might be a pain. Thats my little list of concerns :)

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
Suppose I should just man up and get on with it - in more positive news, I think I've gone and got myself a Z4M Coupe instead of the M3 ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024