Author Topic: About three weeks post-op  (Read 6506 times)

Offline manboobcure

Well 34 years old and after dealing with this "man-boob" nonsense since puberty I finally had the surgery. The results so far have been very encouraging. I still have some swelling on my left which was the side that was much worse. The right side is as flat as a board  :D  All-in-all it has been the best 5K I ever spent. The only thing that I am mad about is that I didn't do this 15 years ago.

I honestly mourn all the good times I never had because of my extreme self-consciousness regarding my gyno. On the plus side the moobs drove me to be a physician because I could use my studying as an excuse to get out of doing things like going to spring break with my buds. Everything for a reason as the saying goes. The physical healing was a piece of cake and the surgery is very very low risk for healthy patients.

The real reason I decided to post - long time lurker - is to encourage any of you considering the surgery to DO IT! Find a reputable surgeon have it done any move on with your life. I have a lot of healing to do. Not physically but emotionally. This BS consumed me and held me back for so long I seriously feel reborn. As a doctor I always looked down my nose at plastic and cosmetic surgery as vain waste of time and talent. But the way I feel as a patient I now wish I trained as a plastic surgeon. I would have the surgery again tomorrow. God bless those of you suffering. Know there is help and you are worthy of receiving it!

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Awesome post man. Congrats

Offline BigFishHead

• Posting Member
great news dude. its never too late. I am 4 days post surgery and feel exactly the same. CHEERS to the rest of our lives!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

As a doctor I always looked down my nose at plastic and cosmetic surgery as vain waste of time and talent. But the way I feel as a patient I now wish I trained as a plastic surgeon. 

I'm glad you finally decided to have the surgery and I'm really glad you got a great result.  I was disheartened to read your comment above, but unfortunately I know it's a common sentiment among other doctors.  I've never understood why many doctors in other specialties don't have much respect for plastic surgeons.  Believe me, we work just as hard as or harder than most doctors and tackle really difficult surgical situations.  I spent 7 hours in surgery yesterday reconstructing a patient, after coming off a week of ER call where I operated on numerous car accident victims, a woman who fell off a horse, and a man who slipped with his chainsaw and cut off half his face.  But aside from the trauma cases, it's very challenging surgically to correct gynecomastia and give a man a near-perfect result. (Because everyone wants a perfect result). I'm glad you understand the challenge now. Congrats on the great result.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024