Author Topic: Levick, surgery completed 12/12/12 (pre & post pictures included) & revision  (Read 19261 times)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Finally made the trip to Birmingham for the consultation this week and have decided to book in for the surgery in December  :)

I'd been to a few other consultations and I must admit none of them were as impressive as Levick. I'd obviously made my decision to go to the consultation with surgery in mind, influenced by the many testimonials to him from users on here - Wingman, darkstar and fackste to name just a few.

He put me at ease immediately into the consultation. He's so experienced with this type of surgery and really knows his stuff. I didn't know he'd actually had gynecomastia surgery himself so obviously knows first hand what it's like. He showed me pictures, discussed the procedure (in detail) aswell as discussing other common methods and the advantages/disadvantages of both. He answered all my questions covering nipple collapse, leaving gland behind (which he doesn't), post op concerns etc. He assessed my chest which he described as moderate gynecomastia which would probably get worse if not treated. His wife was also very helpful and polite, again competently answering any questions I had.

Im feeling great now about about being on the road to recovery :)
No more looking into UK v Poland surgery.  Happy to be booked in with levick!
Hopefully il get some pre op pics on here and can document my experience like others have.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:45:40 PM by Pez2 »
Gyno free :)

Offline InAmberClad

• Posting Member
Awesome news! I've got a consultation with Karidis on Friday. At the moment it seems like it's ages until I have the surgery but I'm sure once it's booked the time will go quickly enough.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Great news Pez, I wish you the very best of luck.

That's interesting about the gland, I always thought Levick left a small part of it in? It eases my worries about gyno growing back though :)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Hi pez, seen you posting on here a bit before. Good to see you have everything in place. It's a big weight off your mind isn't it! (no pun intended =P), I had my consultation with karidis a couple of weeks ago and have surgery booked for 29th November. By the sounds of things you shouldn't be too far behind me on the other side. I'll be making a log in about 3 weeks time when it feels like its a bit closer

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hi I'm not surprised you were impressed with Mr Levick. His whole approach is great! I had my consultation a few weeks ago. I'm having surgery next weds (7/11).  :)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Great news Pez, I wish you the very best of luck.

That's interesting about the gland, I always thought Levick left a small part of it in? It eases my worries about gyno growing back though :)

He explained this in some detail as it was one of my main concerns. He takes the whole gland out - as it may grow in size again otherwise, should you have a hormonal imbalance in the future for example. I have quite low body fat so he said he wouldn't perform much if any liposuction on me, only the excision of the gland. He said he leaves some fat above the pectoral muscles to stop nipple collapse and to aid the shape of the chest. I feel confident he will do a good job  :)

Jmdc and sjwsjw - keep us updated on your experiences and best of luck with the surgery!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Sounds pretty similar to myself, I'm pretty low in bodyfat too.

Unsure if this is true, but I've heard it's lipo that contributes most to scar tissue & bruising, so it might be better for anyone considering surgery to shift some weight beforehand if they're carrying a little extra.

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Will do pez! I thought I'd be nervous as hell by now but feeling strangely calm. I will post again from the other side!  :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Excellent news Pez, I'm chuffed you've got the ball rolling with your surgery. It will come around quickly and before you know it you'll be on the other side and into recovery.

Be sure to get some pre op pictures posted, I use Flickr to upload, as I'm specifically interested in yours as I too had low body fat (mainly due to me losing so much weight in an effort to shift the gyne (to no avail)) and comparability is everything for the present and potential forum members.

Levicks removal of the entire gland is important, as I've read and heard from people saying it's dangerous and incredibly difficult to leave any behind.

Keep us updated, and well done for taking the first and most important step.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member

Thought I'd post some pre-op pictures for anyone thats interested in having a look, Dont mind the chest piece tattoo   :) haha.
The LHS is definitely worse than the right (as you can see) and to be honest I dont think the pictures do the gyno justice. It looks worse in reality, anyway wont be long before Im posting some post op pictures..

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
What's interesting here, for myself at least, is that you were confident to have a tattoo on your chest.

One of my worries was getting a tattoo on my chest when I had gyne because I was embarrassed about it.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
What's interesting here, for myself at least, is that you were confident to have a tattoo on your chest.

One of my worries was getting a tattoo on my chest when I had gyne because I was embarrassed about it.

My tattooist is a good friend who did it after hours, so it wasn't too bad. Would have been embarrassing and a completely different story if I'd had to go to a complete stranger and lay there while people come in/out the studio staring at me getting it done, I wouldn't have been able to do that. Im sure my gyno's got worse in the last couple of years aswell.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Sick ink Pez, you're gonna get all the babes after your op mate :)  
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:15:18 PM by becky »

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Sick ink Pez, you're gonna get all the babes after your op mate :)  

Ha I'm not so sure about that  :)
Just over a month to go, hopefully it goes by quickly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:15:35 PM by becky »

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Believe me mate, your confidence is about to go through the roof! ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:15:54 PM by becky »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024