Author Topic: Surgery w/ Levick Completed 14.11.12 (Post Op Page.3)  (Read 13843 times)

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Hey,

I just thought i'd put up a thread seeing as i've just paid for my surgery next week! I had to actually delay my surgery by a month and a half due to work commitments.

It's been a long time coming, i've been down about my chest for a couple of years now. I'm really looking forward to wearing a selection of fitted t shirts instead of wearing black, or patterned tops to hide my chest shape.

I've stocked up on pineapple juice, i have some arnica, just need to get myself a compression vest and some plaster remover stuff from Boots. The new call of duty comes out next week so at least i'll have something to do. I have a total of 12 days off work.

Wish me luck! Any tips on things to take into the hospital with me? I was just going to upload a couple of films onto my ipod, and take usual toiletries/towel/change of clothes.

See you on the other side! I'll use this thread to document my experience and post before and after photographs.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:02:59 AM by improving »

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Congratulations man! I've got the surgery on the 21 myself... I've been wondering, whats up with the pineapple juice?? Seen a few write about it...

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Thanks man. Pineapple juice is meant to help with the reduction of swelling. I mentioned it at my consultation but nobody really knew what i was going on about.

If you google it though some people recommend it post surgery. Worth a go :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Ok! :) maybe it's worth a try! But what about ice? Ice must be the best way to reduce swelling??? I mean not directly to the skin, but on top of the bandages? Just a thought since it's a must after injuries in sports.. :) 

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Maybe ice cubes made of pineapple juice? :)

I don't know really I guess ice could work. I'm going to stick with pineapple and arnica I think as it seems to be what most people recommend.

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
"Maybe ice cubes made of pineapple juice?"

haha! :)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Best of luck mate. Hope it goes well, keep us updated on your progress, I've hot surgery 12th December with levick.
Gyno free :)

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Good Luck - looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Thanks guys. Just ordered my compression vest. Went for black, might show through some clothes but I plan on wearing thick shirts/jumpers as its getting cold!

I must admit its all feeling very real now after 2 years of procrastinating over this! In a good way though :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Whats the name of the west? And where did you order it from? :)

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I got it from here

macom-medical.com/male_compression_garments.html

if you use the promotional code "mybreast" when you checkout you get 15% discount. Actually i'm not sure if I would have been better buying the one that covers the chest only. I purchased the one that goes down to the waist.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Get some pre op pictures up  :)
When are you booked in for the surgery?
I'l be carefully monitoring your updates as its just about a month until mine now. Can you let me know what the compression garment is like to wear post op, heard they can be pretty itchy. Will be ordering mine soon and I think il go for the one down to the waist too.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Sure mate, i'll keep you updated. I'll sort some pre op pics out for you.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Don't use ice on your chest dude!  Could prove harmful.  Just let the Arnica and pineapple do it's job.  This isn't any ordinary swelling and  needs to be compressed by the vest to maintain it.  If heat or cold was of any good, they'd advise it.  Just make sure you rock the vest 24/7 for 2 weeks (maybe take off for an hour a day if you feel like it)  Then reduce by 8-12 hours for the following 2 weeks.  Or, if you can handle it...wear 24/7 for 4 weeks.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
BTW   I had a black vest too, you can't see it through anything unless it's a tightly fitting top.  I wore it out all over the place, with shirts, tees and jumpers...couldn't see a thing..It actually made me look thinner as it pulled my gut in a bit ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024