Author Topic: My Surgery With Levick 28th November - Updated with 6 Months Pics  (Read 12292 times)

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Hi All

Thanks to this site I had a consultation with Mr Levick about 6 weeks ago. I'd previously seen a surgeon from Transform who I was impressed with (he was a breast reconstructor for cancer patients) but I preferred the idea of Getting at the offending glands through the armpit rather than cutting round the nipple. I had decided that at my consultation I would book surgery and that's how it turned out. I was delighted he could get me in on the only week that I could do this year.

I had slight gyno since puberty but about 5 years ago I started getting really painful lumps under both nipples. They are both really sore to this day and I have to wear a compression top if I go running. In fact, I wear a compression vest every time I go out in public to try and sisguise it. The right side lump has grown hugely over the last few years, the left one not so much but is still larger than it was and larger than it needs to be.  Mr Levick thinks it may be something P.A.S.H. (Pseudo-angiomatous stromal hyperplasia) and I am paying extra for the histology to try and ascertain what it is.

I have had a few hormone panel tests over recent years and, whilst my testosterone has been on the low side, there is nothing particularly untoward that suggests my gyne is hormone related.

I'm 41 years old, btw!

So I'm booked in for 2 days time. Not scared, not nervous, just need these things out.

I'll post some before pics once I take them so you can see the abnormality in size difference between the 2. My 2 bg corns are that

1. It will return
2. I'll be left with some loose skin that may need excision at a later date.

I'm fairly lean so hopefully that means not much lipo and possibly a quicker recovery. It's gonna kill me being out of the gym so long!!!!

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:13:49 PM by Stem »

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Good luck mate, very close now!

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Frontal Pic. Pretty bad ey?!

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I've seen worse mate! I think you'll get a great result. Best of luck for tomorrow, you won't need luck though you're in great hands!

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Best of luck for tomorrow. I'm sure you're going to get great results.
Gyno free :)

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Well, surgery went well. I slept all afternoon being mildly aware of nurses coming evry 30 mins to check my low blood pressure and making sure I drank some water. Woke up prpoperly at 6pm which is when dinner arrived. I chose grilled fish and ice cream purely because they would be easier for me to digest and in case I wasn't hungry. But I was ravenous so I ate every mouthful as well as my emergency Whole Nut. Watched the game and then Taxi Driver before trying to sleep the night away. Kept waking as I was desperate for a pee but each time I tried I struggled to go. That, couple with a refridgeration machine for my cold compress brasiere kept me waking on and off all night.

On the plus side there was no pain. Until this morning. Even then, it only was a little discomfort when the drains came out and subsequently a little in my right hand side incision If I'm not careful. Left side is much better but then the right side gland at 100g was over 3x the size of the left gland (30g). Limitied fat removal of about 30ml each side meant my drains were almost empty this morning.

So, I'm home and now the recovery begins. Hopefully the limited lipo will help but the right side gland, the 'lump of the year' to quote MR Levick, being so big will likely take longer than the left.

The staff were all great from the nurses to the waiters in white shirts and dickie bows.

I realise that these are the same experiences as many others have posted on here so I won't bang on any further other than to post a pic of the glands!!!

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
Holy crap! Alot of tissue was taken out! Looks good friend!

Offline improving

• Silver Member
That's a bit of a beast mate, glad surgery went smoothly for you. Look forward to your after pics!  Bet there will be a dramatic difference.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Lot's of tissue! Too much! But it took a while for me to afford it so it was what it was.

2 days after the op and I'm a little bored. I'm not good at sitting about and am restless. Still no real pain, a few small stinging sensations in the nipple area when I've moved where I shouldn't but its all manageable with the painkillers I've been given.

Sleeping only on my back last night was a bit of a struggle. Woke up at 4 30 for an hour or so and then dozed til about 7. Don't feel tired though.

Can't really lift my hands above my head but I don't really need to. I may get the Mrs to wash my hair later and, as long as she keeps making me tea, I'm a happy man!

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Looking good! All the best with recovery  :)

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
4 days post op today and late yesterday I really felt a suddenly improved mobility in my arms. So I washed my pits which was a job that was starting to be a little overdue!  I removed the dressings from my incisions this morning and that has helped my range of movement too. I'm amazed how small the incisions are, especially the size of lump that came out!!!  They look like they are healing pretty good too.

Sick of only being able to sleep on my back!

Had a few stinging sensations in my chest today, some in the nipple area, others elsewhere. Definitely feel bruised today too.

The bandages only feel like they are giving me a chest compression if I pull my shoulders back so I am consciously doing this when I remember.

I'm a little concerned that my compression vests are too big. I ordered large and they felt ok pre op but not sure they won't be too big, especially if I'm gonna suffer some muscle wastage. I may return one for a medium tomorrow and work with the 2 sizes over the next few weeks.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Amazing how much tissue he has taken out.  My case was similar my right side had more tissue than the left.  You'll have some awesome results once the bruising comes down. 

Anyway congrats and merry xmas

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Congratulations on the bravery and following through to surgery. Best of luck with the recovery, please keep us all updated mate.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024