Author Topic: Levick or Karidis for revision?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Hi all. Does anyone know who has the best record for revision surgery. I have had 2 ops with another surgeon but am still unhappy with my results. I have seen both surgeons but am still undecided.

Offline thetodd

The thing with Levick, is that if you have an op with him and you are unhappy subsequent revisions are free (or they were a few years ago). I dont know how it works with revision on another surgeons work though.

Levick's all in one method looks really good, infact there has been a uturn really surgery wise it used to be just Karidis two years ago. Depending on what needs to be done, and where you live. Id be inclined to go to Levick but its up to you both are excellent, but you may save some cash with Levick.

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply thetodd. Money aside, i am more interested in who has the best reputation for revisions. Also does anyone know who has done the most of these operations? I have seen both surgeons and am undecided. After 2 operations im hoping to get it finally sorted this time. Levick is nearer but Karidis is only a train ride away so not a lot in it really.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Levick briefly mentioned that he had completed revision surgery before on other patients, but it was only very brief, as I had no interest in asking further questions at that time.

Best of luck either way.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with the two lots of surgery you have already had?

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Hi, First op I was left with lots of gland both sides a dent and asymmetry. Second op I had slight improvement in places but am still left with some gland a lump of scar tissue(from a bad bleed that wasn't drained) and still asymmetric as well as another dent. Its just very uneven.

Offline thetodd

Have you been for a consultation with them both?

Chose whichever procedure you like the sound of, im not sure if they what they will do with the crater deformations they probally have their own methods.

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
I saw Levick in between my first 2 ops and he advised my surgeon prior to my revision and was VERY helpful. I went back to see him after my revision and he seemed very uninterested so I have been to see Karidis who is happy to revise but wants me to wait a full 12 months for scar tissue to soften. I'm due to see Levick on fri but I'm not sure whether to bother and just stick with Karidis as I felt he was the most popular on here. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024